PDA

View Full Version : Steam Tank and pivot

SteelTitan
26-01-2012, 12:37
From the FAQ:

Q. On a turn where the Steam Tank generates steam points, may it
freely pivot on the spot without expending steam points on movement?
(p51)
A. No.

Am I right in thinking the following:

Considering you can't really measure a pivot in inches, one steam point basically gives you: pivot + a 3" move. I.e. if you generate one steam point you can pivot and move 3". However, considering pivoting isn't described in the Stank's rules would the amounts of pivots be unlimited, i.e. pivot - move - pivot?

So, if you someone is careful with a damaged steamtank and wants to generate the lowest amount but still be able to shoot its cannon and generates 2 points, but then realizes in the shooting phase his target is out of LOS he cant pivot without giving up the opportunity to shoot with its cannon for that turn (considering generation happens at the beginning)?

T10
26-01-2012, 17:47
The Steam Tank is a chariot. It may be argued that it can fire its cannon at any target it can see in its forward arc. Like any other non-warmachine model.

calnen
26-01-2012, 17:52
As to the other question, then yes that's how I play it. You need to pay at least one steam point for movement in order to move, and therefore pivot, but if you do then they're 'free' in terms of inches.