PDA

View Full Version : Chracian High Elves - 2000pts

stereynolds
26-01-2012, 16:19
Wanted to get peoples opinions on this as an army. I know its not as good as it could be (thats why I'm here :P) so what do epople recommend:

Level 4 mage - seerstaff, Tasliman of Endurance (Beasts - seems to fit with chracian)

BSB - Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor & Guardian Pheonix
Korhil
Level 2 mage - Dispel scroll, Ironcurse icon (High Magic)

10 Archers
28 Seaguard with Full command, banner of disicpline (Put Korhil/Level 4 mage with them usually deploy in 6 ranks of 5)

5 Dragon Princes with full command, flaming banner and other trcikster shard - to go monster hunting
13 White Lions - Full Command, Amulet of Light, Lion Banner (Put BSB and level 2 mage here)
Lion Chariot

Bolt Thrower

I am also looking to increase the army to 2500pts soon. Any help with possible changes would be appreciated.

Thanks

grhino
26-01-2012, 16:23
I'd recommend spending fewer points on characters in such a small game - especially mages... but then again I think that's exactly the thing you want to have in this army - so why not - go for it! I Assume the mafes will be in the archer/seaguard unit and the BSB in the white lions? Or combined with one mage in the se

stereynolds
26-01-2012, 19:27
BSB goes with the White Lions and Korhil goes in with the Sea Guard. Mages depend on enemy I'm facing.

Bigman
26-01-2012, 22:32
If you want save points to boost numbers of White Lions (who wouldn't) here's some things -

Very little monsters have ward saves, and with flaming banner they won't get regen, so consider dropping it.

With lots of high leadership, maybe consider dropping your bsb, if you have your heart set on two mages.

Mages - with seer staff you might as well go lvl 3 at 2000. Still +3 / +4 to cast / dispel.

Then again you could swap seer onto lvl 2, take silver wand for extra spell on lvl 4.

All ideas to try and swap around some points, then you could get say 18 WL or something...

zielonkak
27-01-2012, 13:48
drop bolt thrower and take eagle.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
28-01-2012, 03:06
Wanted to get peoples opinions on this as an army. I know its not as good as it could be (thats why I'm here :P) so what do epople recommend:

Level 4 mage - seerstaff, Tasliman of Endurance (Beasts - seems to fit with chracian)

BSB - Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor & Guardian Pheonix
Korhil
Level 2 mage - Dispel scroll, Ironcurse icon (High Magic)

10 Archers
28 Seaguard with Full command, banner of disicpline (Put Korhil/Level 4 mage with them usually deploy in 6 ranks of 5)

5 Dragon Princes with full command, flaming banner and other trcikster shard - to go monster hunting
13 White Lions - Full Command, Amulet of Light, Lion Banner (Put BSB and level 2 mage here)
Lion Chariot

Bolt Thrower

I am also looking to increase the army to 2500pts soon. Any help with possible changes would be appreciated.

Thanks

At 2000 pts. I don't think you need that many characters as a previous poster said. Also your army isn't built for static defense since 3 of 6 units are designed to get into close combat. My suggestion is to drop the 2nd lvl. Mage & the Bolt Thrower and get more bodies for the White Lions and a couple of Great Eagles for blocking or redirecting charges. So an example list would look like this:

4th lv. Archmage with Seerstaff, Talisman of Preservation, & Amulet of Light: 350 pts.
BSB with Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, & Great Weapon: 168 pts.
Korhil: 140 pts.
30 LSG with full command, shields, & Banner of Disciple: 430 pts.
12 archers: 132 pts.
Lion Chariot: 140 pts.
5 Dragon Princes with musician & std. with Banner of Ellryion: 195 pts.
20 White Lions with Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame, & Ironcurse Icon: 345 pts.
2x Great Eagles: 100 pts.

Total: 2000 pts.

Basically with those swaps I buffed up the numbers in the LSG, Archers, & White Lions to give them a bit more killing power at range/close combat while giving the force 2 additional units in the Eagles to go warmachine hunting or to use as blocking/re-directing units. I switch the banners around with the Banner of Ellryion to give the list a fast moving flanking force that can ignore difficult terrain & while give the main combat regiment (ie White Lions) the ability to deal with regeneration saves (as they are more widely available than the Ethereal ability).

I hope that helps.

stereynolds
28-01-2012, 07:51
That looks pretty good. Better buy some eagles!

Crazydu
28-01-2012, 13:22
Pointed headed's list looks good to me. I am a fan of the Chracian theme, so I would definitely suggest taking more white lions and the eagles. I sometimes take shadow warriors too, since they are from that side of town so to speak.

Bloody Nunchucks
30-01-2012, 18:06
i would not drop the bsb, there is no reason to not have on in this edition, its almost an auto include. drop the second mage and add more numbers to your WL unit, because honestly 13 is not enough when you are going to be asking them to take down knights, elite units and monsters.

also, i dont see the bolt thrower fitting in your theme (i also dont like it even without the theme lol) but drop it and maybe try to find points for another chariot?