PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer of Eternities and buildings interaction

Invigilius
26-01-2012, 17:22
If a tomb king is wieldindg the DoE and gets into combat with a unit inside of a building or is himself in the building thats is attacked by an enemy unit, can he use the special ability of the DoE to autohit the ten models involved in the combat?

Spiney Norman
26-01-2012, 17:33
If a tomb king is wieldindg the DoE and gets into combat with a unit inside of a building or is himself in the building thats is attacked by an enemy unit, can he use the special ability of the DoE to autohit the ten models involved in the combat?

I'm not convinced, you'd have to prove from the rules that the tomb king counted as being in base contact with all of those models.

And even if he did, would you really give your king a DoE on the off chance that he might need it to assault a building, it's so useless in virtually every other circumstance that even if this were the case there's still no way it would be worth it's pts cost.

CaliforniaGamer
26-01-2012, 17:35
I love the DOE....not that there is much to love in the TK book...

I think the brb says how many models you are considered to be b2b with during an assault.

AM1640
26-01-2012, 21:22
"if characters, champions or other models that can normally be singled out if they are in base contact are involved in the assault, then up to half the enemy models can choose to attack them..." So if half can attack you then you are in base to base with and can attack half (5 in most cases) models. page 128

T10
27-01-2012, 06:09
The building rules specifically address the issue of effects that apply to base contact: The model is considered to be in base contact with a single enemy model. I seem to recall that the player owning the effect selects the target model from the enemies taking part in the assault.

Using the Destroyer of Eternities special attack against a unit in close combat will take... an eternity.

-T10

CaliforniaGamer
27-01-2012, 17:54
The building rules specifically address the issue of effects that apply to base contact: The model is considered to be in base contact with a single enemy model. I seem to recall that the player owning the effect selects the target model from the enemies taking part in the assault.

Using the Destroyer of Eternities special attack against a unit in close combat will take... an eternity.

-T10

I believe you are considered to b2b with 1 enemy in an assault ONLY if you are in challenge. Otherwise its as many that can attack that character (5? dunno, would have figured 10).

Joff1981
27-01-2012, 18:39
I believe you are considered to b2b with 1 enemy in an assault ONLY if you are in challenge. Otherwise its as many that can attack that character (5? dunno, would have figured 10).

Nope, it says you are in base to base with 1 enemy model. If in a challenge it is the enemy model in the challenge otherwise it is an enemy model chosen by the enemy player.

CaliforniaGamer
27-01-2012, 19:02
ah bummer, makes lots of b2b affect worthless in a building then...

Spiney Norman
28-01-2012, 00:28
Its a shame, not even this small glimmer of light for the once-great destroyer of eternities. Nevermind it might get acceptable rule in ohhh, a decade or so, unless 9th or 10th edition somehow finds a way to actually make it of some use, though I'm not sure how, couldn't they just FAQ it to be about 25pts less or something.

Invigilius
31-01-2012, 12:41
Thank for the answers, it would have an awesome item in sieges :(

Harwammer
31-01-2012, 14:03
Its a shame, not even this small glimmer of light for the once-great destroyer of eternities. Nevermind it might get acceptable rule in ohhh, a decade or so, unless 9th or 10th edition somehow finds a way to actually make it of some use, though I'm not sure how, couldn't they just FAQ it to be about 25pts less or something.

It has the potential to make 6 HKB attacks with reroll to hit that trigger on a 5++. Isn't that a small glimmer of light? Edit: can be made even better with Lore of Light, but expecting to get off more than 2 spells is greedy ;)