PDA

View Full Version : KR Multicase Review for Bretonnians

Jerry
27-01-2012, 03:10
Hello everyone, I recently received my brand new KR multi case and I thought I'd make a helpful post as I was pretty sceptical about the case although many people said they had great experiences with the case. Now before I start I'd like to say that I'm in no way affiliated with GW or KR multicases and that this is purely a customer's review.
I was pretty confused with the foam layout when ordering foam sizes to fit into my KR cardcase but the configuration that I did end up purchasing was V2H (The pick and pluck foam containing the pegasi),F2H (Double stacked horses, deeper and larger boxes than GW's 25mmX50mm),2xM4H (More compartments and slightly smaller than GW),2xN4H (Same compartment sizes as GW but contain an extra column for more minis) for anyone interested in a similar configuration.
As you can see I managed to double stack my horses because the compartment was basically large enough to do so and by doing this you can hold up to 36 horses in the F2H. I managed to put 3 pegasi, a trebuchet, a damsel on horse and my BSB in the pick and pluck V2H. I found the pick and pluck foam very easy to deal with and is very firmly implanted and fairly easy to remove without ripping although I did manage to rip a bit that I didn't intend to.
Foam Comparison
KR foam holds its shape and structure a lot better than gw foam, it also has slightly more elasticity and is considerably softer and less gripping than gw foam. I've never had any experience with battlefoam so I can't provide a comparison to them but I would assume that their foam is better?
The Card case fits very snugly in the K-Lite bag and is a fair amount lighter than the GW case which is to be expected. In terms of the Card case's model protection I'd say its fairly good although not as good as the GW case obviously. Given that the cardboard is double layered on the sides of the case I wouldn't expect any damaged minis unless you were particularly rough handling your case. The lack of pockets on the K-lite is a bit of a downside although the amazing price ($60 core foam-which you choose and a card case with free delivery) is absolutely outstanding. I did manage to fit a small softcover army book in the bag as well.
I would highly recommend this product if you don't need heavy duty protection for your minis and want to be able to fit an army with customisable foam at a very nice price. Very, almost suspiciously, positive review of the product but after from the obvious points of controversy regarding a card case I couldn't find anything to fault with this case. The plastic handle locks the box really nicely and doesn't have the inept issues of the GW case's faulty plastic clips which is absolutely terrible and prone to faulty batches. :angel:
Hope this is helpful and in the right forum section >.> although I highly doubt the latter.:eyebrows:

chebba98
27-01-2012, 03:36
hell yea i was just thinking about buying a couple of these off ebay, ill probably get um now looks great.

Jerry
27-01-2012, 04:03
^^ definitely. I managed to fit in 32 knights, 20 Flagellants, 3 Pegasi, a trebutchet, 24 peasant bowmen and 20 men at arms including characters and banners very nicely into the case!

BaSe
27-01-2012, 14:46
I use one of these. Managed to get a full 2000 woc army in a single case. Also dropped it downstairs once. Only had one arm to repair.
Good for the price :)

mrtn
27-01-2012, 20:24
I have five of their cases and wouldn't mind getting more. The worst thing is trying to figure out what the different foam sizes mean.

Feorag
27-01-2012, 23:25
I have the wheeled trolly and it is amazing! it fits all my WoC and Beastmen in it! with bout 40 spaces for more infantry! Also have some of the standard carry case ones too which are awesome as i just swap out the Card containers to what I want. Also free shipping and brilliant company to deal with to boot!