PDA

View Full Version : Iron curse crown and Skaven Doom Rockets.

Infiltraitor
27-01-2012, 21:34
Not exactly sure so I figured I'd ask; is a unit that includes a characters with the crown benefit at all against Skaven Doom rockets?

Thanks in advance.

RealMikeBob
27-01-2012, 21:37
The doom rocket isn't a warmachine I'm afraid.

Infiltraitor
28-01-2012, 01:30
Hoping against hope, figures. Thanks.

jtrowell
29-01-2012, 12:11
There are two way to interpret the ironcurse icon rules:
1) works against war machine attacks => any attack from unit type "war machine" (note that this would make the icon give a ward save in CC)
*or*
2) works against war machine *weapons* => any attack from a weapon using the rules found in the BRB for war machine weapons (canons, flame throwers, stone throwers, etc ...)

The second one seems to be the one implied by the rules, meaning that it would work for the skaven flame thrower (type infantry), the ogre canon (type chariot) , scraplauncher (type chariot, fire like a stone thrower) or even the ice ball of the Thundertusk (fire like a stone thrower too), but not for the doom rocket.

sorberec
29-01-2012, 20:17
2) works against war machine *weapons* => any attack from a weapon using the rules found in the BRB for war machine weapons (canons, flame throwers, stone throwers, etc ...)

This has always been my interpretation, although the need to test it out has not arisen in a game yet

The second one seems to be the one implied by the rules, meaning that it would work for the skaven flame thrower (type infantry), the ogre canon (type chariot) , scraplauncher (type chariot, fire like a stone thrower) or even the ice ball of the Thundertusk (fire like a stone thrower too), but not for the doom rocket.

It's not only implied but the Ogre FAQ specifically has the question about whether it works against the Scrap Launcher, Iron Blaster & Spehere of Frost-Wreathed ice