PDA

View Full Version : Ogres 2k list need advice

Cragum
28-01-2012, 15:45
Right have some big games coming up this week so need your advice on my 2k ogre list

Slaughtermaster, level 4, greedy fist

Firebelly, lvl 2

8 Bulls, Ironfists, Full command

6 Bulls, Ironfists, full command

12 gnoblars, trappers

4 leadbelchers

7 Maneaters, full command, 5 x AHW, 2 x Brace of handguns

Ironblaster

Thundertusk

So there it is what do you think could be changed? I believe I am up against chaos and skaven. Not sure what the third army is.

Cragum

Ophidian
28-01-2012, 15:56
Where and what have your Maneaters been and done?

Any room for a couple of kitties (possibly by dropping one from the MEs)?

Cragum
28-01-2012, 16:16
Ouch forgot that key part. Erm probably stubborn and between poisoned attacks or scouts. By kitty do you mean sabretusk or mournfang? I suppose a mournfang or two could be used by using my rhinox riders as a count as.

Ophidian
28-01-2012, 16:31
kitties as in sabretusks - I figured mournfangs would require a bit more of a substantial redesign of the list whereas sabres are a) very handy and b) fairly easily squeezed in here.

Will you get to alter your MEs special rules between games or have you got to pick and stick with them? Scouts gives them the opportunity to cause all sorts of mischief against both armies (certainly in conjunction with stubborn), poison is nice but I don't see it being quite as useful overall

Cragum
28-01-2012, 16:39
Can change between games. Sadly I don't have any sabre models aside 1... amd thats missing a leg...

Cragum
28-01-2012, 16:40
wwhat about the rest of the build? it may be able to go to 2400 at points.

Ophidian
28-01-2012, 16:58
I think it's a nice build - I'd personally be bricking it a little over the lack of defensive gear on the SM, but if you trust to bloodgruel and trollguts to keep him safe then fair play. Having said that, you could dump the greedy fist in favour of a ward/armour of destiny/fencers blades (depending on what you think your primary threat will be; being shot or being punched in the face) - I don't think the fist is massively useful if you're running LotGM.

If you can find points for a scroll or the hellheart, of course that would be useful, but you can live without. If you've got 5 points for the potion of speed on the firebelly that's often worth it for getting a regen-cancelling first hit in (handy if the skaven will have an abom).

If you're pushing the army to 2400, then Mournfangs definitely worth getting.

Dice.monkey
28-01-2012, 18:39
I personal.y prefer Ironguts to Bulls, but that is just my preference. I would also think about using Mournfang. There are just unreal when you get them going.

Cragum
28-01-2012, 22:45
See guts are fine but with my thundertusk being in there means my bulls get the strikes before the enemy and not at same time. I am worried that my army just won't be much and more and more I wanna take fangs but I don't want to lose the maneaters.

Also is ot possible do you think to get some more use out of two unitof them without trappers? Or would they be good staying as they are to wound a horde unit that gets cocky?

Cragum
30-01-2012, 12:27
Right how about if i changed my list to this?

Slaughtermaster, level 4, Armour of destiny, Fencer blades

Firebelly, lvl 2, Dispel scroll

12 gnoblars, trappers

1 Sabretusk

3 leadbelchers

7 Maneaters, full command, 5 x AHW, 2 x Brace of handguns

Ironblaster

Thundertusk

By getting rid of one leadbelcher who can sometimes just be an annoyance and only get one hit in there I can get my dispel scroll and the sabretusk for throwing something out there or would it be better getting 10 more gnoblars in there?

Thénon
31-01-2012, 13:38
you could give the entire maneater unit Brace of handguns since they count as handweapons anyway. :)

Cragum
31-01-2012, 14:06
you could give the entire maneater unit Brace of handguns since they count as handweapons anyway. :)

The problem with that is the price. A brace is costing a lot more than just an AHW.

Last Edition
31-01-2012, 21:46
There are a couple of checkpoints you need in your Ogre list, in my opinion:
1. Leadership 9 general
2. Battle standard bearer
3. Earting Rod on your SM (don't really need any defensive kit)
4. At least one hard hitting unit (Maneaters, Ironguts or Mournfang)
5. Sabertusks

You lack the first three, which for me is vital in a good list. But, you could remedy the leadership 8 issue by giving the Maneaters +1 ld standard. Also, I would not give Maneaters that stands in ranks behind the first any upgrades, unless its great weapons - as it stands now you wont benefit from having two hand weapons (+1 A).

Cragum
31-01-2012, 21:59
There are a couple of checkpoints you need in your Ogre list, in my opinion:
1. Leadership 9 general
2. Battle standard bearer
3. Earting Rod on your SM (don't really need any defensive kit)
4. At least one hard hitting unit (Maneaters, Ironguts or Mournfang)
5. Sabertusks

You lack the first three, which for me is vital in a good list. But, you could remedy the leadership 8 issue by giving the Maneaters +1 ld standard. Also, I would not give Maneaters that stands in ranks behind the first any upgrades, unless its great weapons - as it stands now you wont benefit from having two hand weapons (+1 A).

The leadership thing I think i can handle, but I believe the earthing rod is a wise idea. I may kit him out differently as there is so much to choose from. The upgrades thing is a smart choice as well so I am thinking perhaps getting rid of some of those extras I dont need and then maybe just having AHW in front rank. Then using spare points for a Sabretusk. Or a banner...

Cragum
31-01-2012, 22:10
Right... Newest list.

Slaughtermaster, level 4, Earthing rod, Ironcurse icon (theres a reason :D )

Firebelly, lvl 2, Dispel scroll

12 gnoblars, trappers

1 Sabretusk

3 leadbelchers

7 Maneaters, full command, 4 x AHW, Unsure how many point or which banner is it that gives the +1 or its cost but instead of all the weaponry...

Ironblaster

Thundertusk