PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Skaven Skryre list.

lordfeint
31-01-2012, 06:58
So, while I wait for my Brets to arrive so I can get to work painting and assembling them, I'll be running one of my friends Skaven armies this weekend.
I didn't want to use Grey Seers or Hellpits, and came up with this list.

Warlord w/ Warpforged Blade and Foul Pendant.
Chieftan BSB w/ Shield and Banner of the Under Empire.
Warlock Engineer upgraded to L2 w/ Brass Orb.
Warlock Engineer upgraded to L2 w/ Warp Energy Condenser and Dispel Scroll. (He'll be casting Warp Lightning as much as possible)

50 Slaves w/ Shields and Slings.
39 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Warpfire Thrower team. (Engi #2 goes here)
39 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Doom Flayer team. (Warlord here)
38 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Ratling Gun team. (BSB and other Engi here)

7 Gutter Runners w/ Poisoned Attacks, Slings and Warp Grinder team. One upgraded to Death Runner w/ Weeping Blade.
3 Warplock Jezzail teams w/ Sharpshooter.

Doomwheel.
Warp Lightning Cannon.
Warp Lightning Cannon.

Not really playing to win, just want to see how much of their stuff blows up on them.
Would like to try to squeeze another Engineer in there so I can toss in a Doom Rocket. Maybe cut one of em down to a L1.

Not sure about the Jezzails, I can lose em to make room.

Advice?

Eatery
01-02-2012, 02:13
Lose the warp grinder and champ from gutter runs. Really don't need ether and if you do take jazzels take more then 3 5-10 really. Just sucks they are so pricy. I think i would drop them and try and get a another doomwheel. Otherwise looks good and like a fun list to play. Be careful with the doom rocket as it pisses people off sometimes as it is a very strong idem.

lordfeint
01-02-2012, 04:04
OK, did a little bit of tweaking.
Lost the Jezzails, which I wasn't too crazy about anyway.
Swapped out the Dispel Scroll off the Engi for a Doom Rocket, since the whole flavor of this force is to blow everything (including themselves) to smithereens and not to dispel opponents stuff.
Added a second Doomwheel.
Took the Deathrunner and Weeping Blade off the Gutter Runners.
I kept the Warpstone Grinder on them only because of the theme. I almost always take a Steam Drill on my Miners and the player I'm getting the models from has such awesome models for them that I just feel obligated to throw it on them. (Plus I want to see if it blows up)
Speaking of beautiful models, she has a BSB and a group of Clanrats to use in contact with a bunch of small rats on the bases (and on the models themselves) that represent the Under Empire banner, and I've always loved those guys when she uses them (which isn't often) so I'm throwing them in as well, even though they're the only thing that really doesn't fit the theme.

We're all friends and its a laid back pre-Super Bowl game get together with beer and take-out, so we're all just going to be tooling around. Not getting mad because the lists are cheese. Plus the Skaven owner has fought my dwarfs more than any other army and wants to see what kind of list I can knock out. (She'll be playing another friends WoC)

Anyhow, the revised list...

Warlord w/ Warpforged Blade and Foul Pendant.
Chieftan BSB w/ Shield and Banner of the Under Empire.
Warlock Engineer upgraded to L2 w/ Brass Orb.
Warlock Engineer upgraded to L2 w/ Warp Energy Condenser and Doom Rocket. (He'll be casting Warp Lightning as much as possible)

39 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Warpfire Thrower team. (Engi #2 goes here)
39 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Doom Flayer team. (Warlord here)
38 Clanrats w/ FC, Shields and Ratling Gun team. (BSB and other Engi here)

7 Gutter Runners w/ Poisoned Attacks, Slings and Warp Grinder team.

Doomwheel.
Doomwheel.
Warp Lightning Cannon.
Warp Lightning Cannon.

Eatery
01-02-2012, 15:15
The warp grinder is only really good for night runners as GRs have scout and infiltrate anyway but I understand wanting to use a model that looks cool. Keep your general away from any of her characters as our warlords do not stand up theirs.

Also I didn't notice the slings on your slaves. They just arnt good enough to be worth it bs 2 is just really not good enough and you really want your slaves moving up to tarpit her scary units in a bus formation. I would also consider changing the rattling gun for a motor or another wft and now you have to hit with the shots you get. It's probably our worst weapon team now. Motar is considered by most to be best.

One more tip if she brings dragon ogres don't shoot them with anything lightning. Just makes them stronger.