Poisoned Hand Weapons
1 Black Skaven @ [12] Pts

Casting Pool: 5
Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 206
Total Army Cost: 1997

skavenguy13
24-04-2006, 00:20
If you're not going to play against armies with 0 magic defense, then the storm daemon will be useless. Plus, you really don't have much magic defense. So you should change the daemon for a scroll. I'm not a fan of the liber bubonicus, but if you like it...

Your warlord is probably too much tooled up. I'd say change the desolate blade for a great weapon. Then you'll be able to decide between a 2+ save and S4, or 4+ save and S6. Plus it saves you around 35 points which you could spend on bigger blocks, 5 night runners with 2 weapons, or an extra scroll for the engineer.

The rest of the army seems very good. I never had much success with monks myself, but it's mostly because of bad rolls.

Snow Viper
24-04-2006, 11:25
Your warlord is probably too much tooled up. I'd say change the desolate blade for a great weapon. Then you'll be able to decide between a 2+ save and S4, or 4+ save and S6. Plus it saves you around 35 points which you could spend on bigger blocks, 5 night runners with 2 weapons, or an extra scroll for the engineer.

I disagree with you about warlord.
Warlord with :
Shield
Warpstone Armour
Warpstone Amulet
Desolate Blade
have 3+AS, 4+Wsv and S6. If I use GW, I kann't use shield....

Fredmans
24-04-2006, 22:54
If you want to use the Plague Lord's breath it would be worthwile to take a warpstone token (10 pts). The breath is quite a hard spell for a lvl 1 wizard to pull off, and the token will (almost) assure you of at least one success.

(In case you wonder - the book turns your hero into a wizard, making it possible for him to buy arcane items)

I myself fancy the Deamon/Warp Lightning/Bands of Power - combo. As skavenguy 13 said, one bound spell is quite easy for your opponent to keep in check, but two low-level mages and two bound spells improves your magic phase. But you should equip the warlord with what you think is coolest, after all he is your general.

I think Plague monks are cool, but you could consider the Banner of Burning Hatred. A censer-wielding frenzied Plague Priest with re-rolls is a monster.

patataman
25-04-2006, 02:17
If you want to use the Plague Lord's breath it would be worthwile to take a warpstone token (10 pts). The breath is quite a hard spell for a lvl 1 wizard to pull off, and the token will (almost) assure you of at least one success.

(In case you wonder - the book turns your hero into a wizard, making it possible for him to buy arcane items)

I myself fancy the Deamon/Warp Lightning/Bands of Power - combo. As skavenguy 13 said, one bound spell is quite easy for your opponent to keep in check, but two low-level mages and two bound spells improves your magic phase. But you should equip the warlord with what you think is coolest, after all he is your general.

I think Plague monks are cool, but you could consider the Banner of Burning Hatred. A censer-wielding frenzied Plague Priest with re-rolls is a monster.

I agree whit you ^^I almos kill a entire unit of cavarly whit that combo and the baner of the burning hatres :D

shadowprince
25-04-2006, 04:11
-I like it the idea, of just too many troops for the enemy to deal with, but you will want a bit more magic defense, to make sure that tactic works, and with so many Skaven the Warlord is good decision.