PDA

View Full Version : dispeling hexes

Lance Tankmen
01-02-2012, 05:38
can you use your magic phase to dispel hexes if you dont have a wizard? i assumed no logically but rule wise i couldn't find my answer

T10
01-02-2012, 06:47
You can use your power dice and your dispel dice to dispel Remains in Play spells. If you have any wizards on the table you may nominate one of them as making the dispel attempt. This allows you to use any bonuses or special rules that the model provides that affect dispels

You don't need to nominate a wizard in your army to make the dispel attempt (but it may help you succeed).

Note: Not all hex spells are Remains in Play spells, and vice versa.

-T10

Lance Tankmen
01-02-2012, 06:53
so would i get a magic phase to dispel it even if i have no wizard or would i need to wait til his next magic phase to use the dispel dice then

T10
01-02-2012, 07:03
Yes, you get your magic phase. This is because it is part of the turn sequence.

There are some idiots that would argue that your magic phase ends immediately after generating power dice because you "have no more spells to cast". Pay them no mind.

-T10

Mr. Shine
01-02-2012, 07:05
so would i get a magic phase to dispel it even if i have no wizard or would i need to wait til his next magic phase to use the dispel dice then

Read the BRB, in the Magic section, under "4. Spell Resolution" -> "Spell Duration" -> "Remains in Play Spells". Second paragraph.

You roll for Winds of Magic in your Magic Phase regardless of whether or not you have any Wizards with which you can cast spells. Even armies with no Wizards whatsoever must still roll for Winds of Magic. It may be pointless most of the time, but it is still one of the game phases.

Therefore you may use power dice in your own Magic Phase to dispel Remains in Play spells, even if you have no Wizards.

sorberec
01-02-2012, 09:09
Note: Not all hex spells are Remains in Play spells, and vice versa.

-T10

I wish I knew where people get this notion from that all hexes are just "until the start of the caster's next magic phase".

Lance Tankmen
01-02-2012, 09:31
it was the vampires 5th spell cast on my lord, i didnt know when i could dispel it because i had no wizard, nice to know i can just summon up magic outa my ass