PDA

View Full Version : Centigor Lord.

Righthandedtwin
01-02-2012, 10:21
Okay so! here is the basic concept I'm looking to model/convert a "Centigor" Beastlord and am looking to make it game-legal, does anyone know if it's possible to achieve this or have any items they can advise me on taking to make this possible?

So far for modelling components I'm thinking:

Doombull head/Torso
Tyrant 2HW arms
Archaos Horse for it's legs
Feet taken from a beastie of some sorts I'm undecided on this bit yet.

Artinam
01-02-2012, 10:27
You could use the Special Character centigormodel, Ghorros Foulhoof. He looks like a great base model to start from. Maybe adding some more armour (like barding on a horse).

If your going for a centigor themed list I'd even ask your gaming buddies if they mind you using him. He isn't that powerful and makes for a cool themed army.

Righthandedtwin
01-02-2012, 10:30
The thing with Ghorros is I was going to have to take him so that I could get Centigor core choices, not sure wether using him as my Lord basis would causes too much confusion or not.

I remeber back in the day bringing an all Chariot and all Minotaur list to the table...sadly those days are gone now that DB don't make Minotaur into core choices...so I'm going for next best thing with a high movement Centigor force :D

Toe Cutter
01-02-2012, 13:30
Hiya.

First thing I'd say is have a look on the herdstone website cos there is a very good modelling and painting section that you might get some good advice from.

Off the top of my head the savage orc boar boy torsos are pretty big. They might make a good basis for the lords torso. The advantage of picking up this kit is that you can convert up the boars to make some pretty cheap pretty decent razorgors. If you want something a bit bigger than a horse to make the back end of the centigor you could pick up the high elf lion chariot and use one of the lions. This would give you a spare chariot chassis for razorgor chariot conversions. You could actually use the lions head as the centigor head if you want something a bit lionine rather than goat or cow based. Again, there's a bloke on the herdstone site that has some really gorgeous lion beastmen conversions.

Zark the Damned
01-02-2012, 13:34
To keep this back on track and not get it carted off to modelling and painting, I'd suggest using the model as a Doombull, just make sure it's on a 40mm base and suitably bulky.

Alternately, can Beastmen still take Shaggoths as Lords? If so, you have an ideal choice. (I'm a bit rusty with the Chaos Warriors / Beastmen overlap...)

AlphariusOmegon20
01-02-2012, 15:15
You could use the Special Character centigormodel, Ghorros Foulhoof. He looks like a great base model to start from. Maybe adding some more armour (like barding on a horse).

If your going for a centigor themed list I'd even ask your gaming buddies if they mind you using him. He isn't that powerful and makes for a cool themed army.

It's Ghorros Warhoof, Not Foulhoof.

popisdead
01-02-2012, 22:18
It's Ghorros Warhoof, Not Foulhoof.

haha I couldn't tell if he was trolling or what.

There is a conversion in the 2003 Chaos Collectors book (it's around other places) that uses Dhurgor (Archaon's steed) and Grimgor's body (with a confusing BlOrc helmet) which I am doing. It's a pretty epic conversion and everyone should do one,.. then make a Ghorros Warhoof list and play nothing but Beastmen with Civil War rules.

Oh yeah the Shaggoth was sculpted as part of the Beasts of Chaos range so fits in (those are Ungors in his hair) and is on a 50 MM base. If you were running the Doombull solo he would probably work.

Rosstifer
01-02-2012, 22:20
Might be the weird translation of one of the European languages.

popisdead
02-02-2012, 20:43
fair enough. not sure it's his hoof that is so foul ;)

Sexiest_hero
02-02-2012, 23:26
The ladies love the "Foul hoof" move...... OT I say make him look bad a&% on a chariot base and use the rules for a beastlord on a razorgor chariot. He gets the beastlord attacks, and the razorgor attacks represent him bucking and kicking. In fact I'll do that myself......

popisdead
03-02-2012, 17:52
Me too. Razorgor chariots are bdass and deadly

Artinam
03-02-2012, 18:48
Its warhoof, don't really see the joke in it ;).
I quickly glanced over the models name and made a mistake with its last name.

popisdead
06-02-2012, 22:22
Its warhoof, don't really see the joke in it ;).
I quickly glanced over the models name and made a mistake with its last name.

Well you didn't type fawnhoof which would have been more fun :P