+Axe 5

3x Thunderers 120
+3x Xbows 75
+3x Daggers FREE

=498 gc

How's it look? Any good?

Lord Valeron
24-04-2006, 14:39
I would probably give the engineer a crossbow rather than a handgun, since the handgun will only let you shoot every other turn. And use the spare 10gc to give the slayers an extra axe each.

TKitch
24-04-2006, 16:51
what he said, except one other change:

Trade the sheild on the noble for a helmet, much more useful. A 6+ save is rather useless.

Inquisitor Konig
24-04-2006, 23:01
i agree. both those are good but id take off atleast one thunderer and add a bearling. also give your noble a pistol. he is really good with it (BS4 shooting and another S4 attack in CC at WS5!) personaly im a big fan of the pistols. first chance i get the engineer has a brace of dueling pistols and a blunderbuss (range 24!!!)...

WLBjork
27-04-2006, 07:31
Well, no good getting either of those BP weapons until you get the Skill to use them.

See how it goes for you.

My last list was:

Noble - Helmet, Dwarf Axe, Dagger

Engineer - Brace of Pistols, Dagger

Slayer - Great Weapon

Slayer - Dwarf Axe and Hammer

Thunderer - Crossbow, Dagger

2*Warriors - Dwarf Axe, Dagger

After a sucessful first game, I now have another Thunderer with Crossbow in the group, but my Slayer with Hammer and Dwarf Axe has to miss 2 games :cries:

Velkyn Kyil
27-04-2006, 20:51
Hmm.. After playing against a dwarf band in my gaming group, I would try to give all the heroes crossbows.. it's a really nice weapon, and with your pitiful 3" move, you're not going to get the charge.

WLBjork
28-04-2006, 06:51
Oh, you'd be surprised.

The nice thing about Mordheim is the buildings.

Enter a building, move up a storey and things change rapidly.

Just be careful with climbing - I2 really doesn't cut the mustard.

Inquisitor Konig
28-04-2006, 07:30
i love dwarfs because of all their cool kit. since they bank so hard I try to get good equipment when I can and add the right skills to make it worth it. hired swords are also really important. i always start with a halfling (more misslie for almost no cost) and a pitfighter (best hired sword for the money in the game hands down)!