PDA

View Full Version : A few things...

broken_system
24-04-2006, 02:33
Hey guys, just a few quick comments/questions here.

1. it was mentioned in the Lost and the Damned Tactics thread that WD apparently released a new unit being available to LATD armies which gave us the equivalent of Stormtroopers. Ive tried googling this and searching the site, can someone give me a reference to where this information can be found?

2. I had an idea about a new rule that would be fun to implement into "for-fun" house games. In the vehicle and vehicle dammage section of the rulebook there are different things that can happen to a destroyed vehicle. It can stay on the table as a wreck, providing cover etc, and one which the model is removed and replaced with a crater.

My idea comes in the form of this. I was reading some things in Codex: Imperial Guard and one of the Tatics outlined from the Tactics Imperius (sp?) states that when faced with opponents in large sizes, narrow them in some fashion, so that the ennemies at the back push forward and the dead bodies from the front obstruct their movement abilities (or something to this effect)

I thought it would be neat to use this kind of rule in 40k. It would be used as models being killed are layed on their side, and when any units tried to move through the mound of dead bodies, it counts as difficult terrain. It could also count as a minimal cover save, arguing that being shot at the unit ducks down among the dead bodies and uses them as cover.

Give me feedback on how you think this would work and if it would be fun.

Also if someone could answer my first question that would be super. Thanks guys.

CommunistBrother
24-04-2006, 03:04
Just a thought, I don't think any imperial would pick up/duck into dead bodies for cover, or Tau, or Tyranids, or Orks. Infact, I'm pretty sure that only Chaos would do that. And, while it seems like a neat idea, I think it would give Chaos a little advantage. However, eliminating those facts I think that an additional rule to the bodies-as-cover would be that the bodies give over equal to their armor save, and that things that would insta-kill them(that is, shred right through their armor) would negate the cover save. But that's a bit complicated.

However, the dead bodies as difficult terrain bit is pretty good. So long as it doesn't result in a couple of scattered corpses slowing down a lot of troop movement.

broken_system
24-04-2006, 04:25
Anyone know the information regarding the Stormtrooper equivalent for LATD?

Chem-Dog
24-04-2006, 05:02
Websearch for Death Brigade or Bloodpact I belive it's WD 193.

ss_cherubael
24-04-2006, 15:15
yep blood pact is what your looking for, they are in an article on chaos forces and not in regular chapter approved, ithink it was the one with the fraternus militia in it as the chpater approved article and then there was some thing tacked on the end of it which had them in it. if you cant find them just use the stormtroopers entry in codex guard

Dawn of the Dogs
24-04-2006, 16:26
Websearch for Death Brigade or Bloodpact I belive it's WD 193.

WD 293 actually.

WD 193 would have been around almost 8 years ago ;)

calicojack
24-04-2006, 19:12
The Australian WD lists it as 292; UK White Dwarf 293; I get the Canadian [and have the issue, and likely made the comment in the LatD tactics thread]. I would expect, depending upon where in the world you live, that it is in your local WD between issues 291 and 293. They are slightly different from the codex Guard Storm Troopers, 'though close.

The folks at Dysarts have an article on how they chose to convert some up at
http://www.dysartes.com/model/conversion/bloodpact.php

Elttaes
24-04-2006, 22:10
Just a thought, I don't think any imperial would pick up/duck into dead bodies for cover, or Tau, or Tyranids, or Orks. Infact, I'm pretty sure that only Chaos would do that. And, while it seems like a neat idea, I think it would give Chaos a little advantage. However, eliminating those facts I think that an additional rule to the bodies-as-cover would be that the bodies give over equal to their armor save, and that things that would insta-kill them(that is, shred right through their armor) would negate the cover save. But that's a bit complicated.

However, the dead bodies as difficult terrain bit is pretty good. So long as it doesn't result in a couple of scattered corpses slowing down a lot of troop movement.

I'd be interested to know why you don't think any imperial or Tyranid would do that. Maybe not picking them up, but ducking behind them. Very few Space Marines would, except the ones that make heavy use of Scouts and camouflage. Imperial Guard? Mordians would not, too proud. Cadians, maybe. Catachans, absolutely. Valhallans, probably. Savlar Chem dogs? They'd probably shoot some of their own to make the body berms taller!
Tyranids would certainly slink among the bodies of their own dead to get closer to the food.

I think it would be very interesting, and it'd definitely have to involve the bodies slowing down movement. Otherwise, you are just giving the enemy an advantage for free.