PDA

View Full Version : Orks or necron?

Disturbed Frog
02-02-2012, 03:56
I need a bit of help with a decision! For the last 5 years tyranids have been getting all the love in my hobby room, I have enough scenery to cover my realm of battle board, atleast one of every fw model and a bunch of conversions from eBay or self made and I think it's time I got one of my other favorite armies to this size!

Now the reason I need help is because I can't choose between them, I like there fluff, model range and to paint them equally as much. I'm planning to make an army of the one that wins around 10k.
I'm not a super competitive player I really only play my friend and we only play for fun and use armies that fluff orientated. Althouh I do enter store tourneys now and then but not often

So tell me which one is your fav and why and the goods and bads of both, I have started both and have semi nice sized armies. I really can't split them.

Clang
02-02-2012, 04:15
Orks if you love converting - no other race can compete.

Colonel Kolm
02-02-2012, 04:32
well i own both and i will admit the new necron codex is great. but how can you not love the green guys. beyond that while orks may not be the word greatest individual shooting army they can bring so much shooty as well as choppy that i think they are an extremely well rounded force that can have multiple builds and still be competitive

Deadly Cornbread
02-02-2012, 04:46
Also consider the play style. Orcs allow waves of infantry and plenty of 'ead bustin'. But you will suffer plenty of losses. Necrons have tougher units with medium range, you're units will tend to stay around longer.

Another point to consider, as mentioned above, is conversion opportunities. Sorry, but the Orcs have that in Spades compared to the Necrons. I personally can't stand the green skins, but it's an army full of fun conversion possibilities.

Just my 2 cents.

GrimZAG
02-02-2012, 05:09
I vote Necrons, I've had orks and have gotten over them. I got sick of the random dump look of everything. Sure you can create what you want but Necrons will offer great conversion opportunities as well as a good chance to make nice "cryptish" scenery.

madden
02-02-2012, 06:31
Depends on you, do you want mediocre cc and good mid range shooting(necron) or good cc and mediocre shooting (orks) fancy tricks and tough vehicles (necrons) or hoards of boyz and paper transports (orks), there are exceptions to these.(battle wagons & night scythes), or do you fancy randomish effects (orks) or reliable leadership (necrons).
So the choice is yours I've got both and there both fun to use but in different ways.

the1stpip
02-02-2012, 08:11
Necrons probably have the better codex, but Orks are great fun, and are a converter's dream.

Fawful
02-02-2012, 10:50
I'd say orks since they allow you far more options since you can basicly loot any and every vehicle of the other races. You could also wait until next month when the next wave of necron minis is supposed to come out and make your decision then.

laudarkul
02-02-2012, 14:00
Orcs... You can field different lists which can be very dangerous on the table (mob+lootas list/Kan list/BW&Nob) and also this army can be customisable. Lot's of conversions and you can have vehicles from every other races on your army.

ChrisMurray
02-02-2012, 14:05
I personally prefere Necrons (I have both Orks and Necrons). If you love conversions though, Orks are a better choice but it depends how much of a conversion you want. Orks allow you to scratch build many of their units\options whilst necrons would be more alterations to existing models.

cynic
02-02-2012, 14:22
Personally, i really like the new Necron range of models.

twj
02-02-2012, 14:38
Even though I don't play Orks myself, I love seeing and playing against Ork armies...

Project2501
02-02-2012, 14:52
I voted Necrons for a couple of reasons;

They are almost the polar opposite of the tyranid with great BS and shooting that can almost always accomplish something and they don't really want to assault (barring some units). I feel that getting a different army that plays the same as the one you already have is a bit of a waste and defeats the purpose of getting it to begin with.

With the new necron fluff (and the current lack of some models), since every tombworld is essentially it's own little ecosystem, you can convert things up however you want to create/further differentiate your own necron army.

popisdead
03-02-2012, 17:39
Orks. GW has in writing that they are 'da best'. So it's a rule.

[Furio]
03-02-2012, 17:56
Go orks, we Necron players are a select group xD

The Devourer
03-02-2012, 19:24
Orks.

They may not be as powerful but they are one of the most fun armies. Their current codex is one of the best in terms of variation- there are so many possible builds.

Jo-Jo
03-02-2012, 19:38
If you are a kind of person who needs one of everything, Orks are the way. As you can have one of everything in the entire GW range!

Moriarty
03-02-2012, 20:15
The obvious answer is Orks.

“Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we wins, we wins; if we die, we die so it don’t count as beat, an’ if we runs for it we don’t die ‘neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see?”

Who would have thunk it.

[Furio]
03-02-2012, 21:58
;6070286']Go orks, we Necron players are a select group xD

Dont get me Wrong Necrons are better and have nice models than Orks...

Dr Zoidberg
03-02-2012, 22:00
Orks. So much scope for conversions, kit bashing, and individualisation. Although, given you've been playing 'Nids, perhaps another horde army isn't the way to go?