View Full Version : DoC 1k for start of campaign and possible team tourney

KUMA
02-02-2012, 15:57
Ok,

Let me know what you guys think:

1k DoC

Heroes
Herald of Khorne, naked
Herald of Tzeentch, Master of sorcery (general)

Core
30 bloodletters, FC
10 Horrors

Rare:
Fiend
Fiend
flamers x4

1k on the dot.

Lets me play in every phase of the game, fast movers, skirmishers, magic chops, some shooting support, and hard hitting block o'letters. I think it will be fun to play at least. This is for a campaign starting at 1k, leaving me plenty of room for growth. I am also thinking of using it for a team tourney.

My team mates army consists of a necro w scroll and a wight king, 2 big blocks of skellies, a block of zombies, a 6 pack of crypt horrors and a terrorghiest ( from memory)

Looking for feedback here! thanks in advance.

Eatery
02-02-2012, 22:46
Looks good to me, just need to pick your magic lore. I myself love lore of light but lots pick life.

KUMA
03-02-2012, 18:16
I was thinking life, why do you like light better?

Eatery
03-02-2012, 20:03
I like light because it truly makes your bloodletters monsters in combat with the spell for ASF and +1A and doubles movement or giving them them WS and I 10 if they are up against elves or something. There is also the spell for -1 to hit with missle weapons and war machines only hurt your unit on a 4+.

I really love light though because the casting valves are very low and the buff spells are either target one unit or every unit around.

thesheriff
05-02-2012, 08:32
Light doesnt really benefit bloodletters IMO. Your main advantaes from light are;
ASf - One of teh benfits of ASf you already have, re-rolls (in the form of hatred). The other, making you strike first, is rarley used as your decent iniative anyway.
Double movment/attacks - The attacks is nice, but the double movment is mostly good for charges. And, Icon of endless war does the same thing really.

Life is great, T7 bloodletters are unstoppable.

On the list itself, id drop the horrors for anouther 7 Bloodletters and the Icon of endless war on them.

thesheriff

KUMA
05-02-2012, 18:04
On the list itself, id drop the horrors for anouther 7 Bloodletters and the Icon of endless war on them.

thesheriff
Leaving out the horrors = tz herald dying very fast with no support. I dont think that is worth the few more letters :(

blackstork
05-02-2012, 19:34
Instead dropping Horrors, take Icon of Endless War, drop a few Bloodletters or one Fiend.
Think about lore of shadow. There are hexs to cast on your opponent, Pit of Shades and Okkam's Mindrazor (you have Strenght equal to your Leadership).
If you like augments with recover, take life.