PDA

View Full Version : charging first turn

piperrepip
03-02-2012, 03:50
ok my question is this ive looked into the brb and the faq and it mentions nothing about charging on the first turn if you dont start the game, so would i be allowed to charge if i did not have first turn? if not please tell me the rule book pages

T10
03-02-2012, 06:22
There is no general rule that prohibits a charge declaration in the first turn. Simply work out the maximum charge range of your units (usually 12" + movement) and measure to see if any enemies can be reached. Most scenarios use 24" of no-man's land between the armies, but some allow the armies to deploy fairly close to each other.

The special deployment rules for scouts and vanguards deny units that use them the ability to charge in the first turn.

-T10

Kalandros
03-02-2012, 10:16
If you go second you can charge even with scouts and vanguards on your Turn 1.

AMWOOD co
04-02-2012, 04:35
Heck, I'll fill in what T10 didn't say. Look at the Meeting Engagement scenario, you only deploy 12" apart, and enemy units that did use Vangaurd or Scouts may be in charge range of your units. There is nothing prohibiting any unit (except for scouts and vangaurd) from charging on the very first turn. Go ahead and crush the careless.