PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Forge: These models go to which army?

UberHopper
03-02-2012, 17:16
Greetings all, I was wondering if there has been any clarification as to where the Ettin and Fimir are allocated as far as army selection. I play Beastmen and they seem like a natural fit being hated and beastly or whatnot. Before I order anything I want to be sure that I can use these for my armies. Any ideas?

pointyteeth
03-02-2012, 17:20
They are part of the 25% allowance for Storm of Magic. Any army can use them.

UberHopper
03-02-2012, 18:27
So, in other words these models are SOM only?

pointyteeth
03-02-2012, 18:41
Seems to be the case, but they are from the upcoming Monstrous Arcana supplement for Storm of Magic. Its possible that once the supplement is out it will have further rules for including them in specific armies, but this is just a theory/hoping on my part.

Urgat
03-02-2012, 19:03
Seems to be the case, but they are from the upcoming Monstrous Arcana supplement for Storm of Magic. Its possible that once the supplement is out it will have further rules for including them in specific armies, but this is just a theory/hoping on my part.

I suspect it'll have rules that are akin to the SoM contingent, but for regular games. That rule would take one line, really.

redben
03-02-2012, 19:09
Nothing to stop you using them in any army except your opponent disagreeing to it.

Wishing
03-02-2012, 21:14
Currently the experimental version of these WF monsters are presented as being for Storm of Magic games only, just like the Cocatrice and such, I believe. As pointyteeth says, it is possible that there will be rules for including them in non-SoM games when their book comes out and the rules stop being experimental, but this is just speculation and we do not know.

WarbossKurgan
04-02-2012, 17:30
The Storm of Magic book already has suggestions for using Scrolls of Binding in normal games - there is no need for Monsterous Arcana to add anything.

Wishing
04-02-2012, 22:29
I did not know that. What are the suggestions?

dirach.
05-02-2012, 16:49
I did not know that. What are the suggestions?

To use the scroll of binding in normal games.

If my memory serves me right SOM say that you can include or drop any rule you want. This means you can drop every rule exept the scroll of binding rule.

Wishing
05-02-2012, 22:10
To use the scroll of binding in normal games.

OK, fair enough. I guess the reason I was expecting something more is that as soon as you change the rules of army building for both players, it stops being "regular" warhammer, and as you point out, the game just becomes "SoM without fulcrums".

When a person asks if they can use a monster in regular warhammer, they mean as a rare or special choice, etc. The reason for this is that the monster then becomes part of the standard structure of the army building rules that normal warhammer armies adhere to. If you add a 25% monster allowance, then that applies to both players, and both players need to be aware of that when building their armies. If two players play a pickup game, and one brings a fimir unit and says "I'm using the suggested SoM rules about having a 25% scrolls of binding allowance", then he's playing a SoM army and his opponent is playing a normal warhammer army. Maybe the player with the normal army would have built his army differently had he been aware that he had a 25% monster allowance. Therefore, simply saying "you can already use SoM monsters in normal games, just agree to do so" isn't a particularly good answer to someone who wants to know if the WF monsters fit into a standard normal pickup-friendly warhammer army (assuming that WF models are considered kosher by the opponent in general).