banner of midwinter

RARE

Treeman

6 waywatchers
champion

TOTAL: 2489

Nightmare84
04-02-2012, 10:28
I love wood elves bu have very limited knowledge on them.
Spell weavers can't have the enchanted shield. And you had two armors on hero.
3 tree kin seems small too.
And what's with eternal guard? Bunker?

Blacktao
04-02-2012, 11:26
I love wood elves bu have very limited knowledge on them.
Spell weavers can't have the enchanted shield. And you had two armors on hero.
3 tree kin seems small too.
And what's with eternal guard? Bunker?

why can't a spellweaver take the enchanted shield?
where do I have 2 armors?
I only have 3 treekin :D
that's al I have from eternal guard models

Nightmare84
04-02-2012, 11:30
Magical interference rule in main rule book

Blacktao
04-02-2012, 11:33
ah ok but in the wood elves armybook the enchanted shield is standing in the common magic items list and the spellweaver may choose items from it so that's why is was mistaken
thx :)

Blacktao
04-02-2012, 11:54
I changed my list a little:

LORDS

Spelweaver (life)
Glamourweave
unicorn
Starfire arrows

Spelweaver (life)
Wand of Wych elm
divination orb

HEROES

Branshwraith
LVL 1
Cluster of Radiants

CORE

7 gladeriders
full command

10 gladeguard
full command

20 gladeguard
full command
banner of springtide

10 dryads

9 dryads

SPECIAL

3 treekin
elder

10 eternal guard
full command
banner of midwinter

RARE

Treeman

6 waywatchers
champion

TOTAL: 2501

ashe
04-02-2012, 17:04
Um you cant have 2 arcane items on the same caster and you you rely need 2 lord level life casters isn't it better to get 1 live 1 beast or 1 live 1 with athrel loren lore. I'm not sure what your idea for the treekin and eternal guard is but if you are taking them for anvil units their size is too small ether make them bigger or remove them from the list, if you need redirectors use eagles they cost less. You should consider dropping some core units for something Killy like wild riders, more treekin, second treeman or wardancers, and make your unit of EG at least 20 its a waste of points to keep only 10 of them.

thesheriff
04-02-2012, 19:41
I dont think this list is 8th ed. enough.

8th ed revolves around two things; Hordes and Magic. One of those things you have in abundance. The other, not so much.

Size matter, and you lack in numbers to win combats of any size IMO.

For this, tough desicions must me made. Having either a few treekin or a few eternal guard is hopless. You need more of them. Hordes of eternal guard, or 6-strong blocks of treekin are ideal. Its an investment, but one that will pay off. I woudl personally go with Treekin, as Eternal guard need 3 things;
1) 40+ Models per unit
2) Wyssans wild forming mage
3) Lord w/ Rhymers harp

In short, Treekin are alot less dependant on buffs. Although, they are also great with them too!

Also, while magic is important, investing in double Spellweaver is just not a luxury you can afford. Drop one of them, and keep the other w/ Wand of Wych elm and Talsimain of preservation.

Now, i dont like telling people blanketly that things are not good. Because more often than not, there is a use for everything. Except glade riders. They are truley awful. Your effectivly paying 24pts for losing S4 bows @ SR, and a horse. Not worth it at all. Dropping them in favour of more glade guard would be great.

Now, the rest of your core. Glade Guard and Dryads are both good choices. I like to go with @ 2,500pts;
*20 Glade Guard w/ CMD, Banner of Etrenal Flame = 285
*11 Glade w/ Banner, Musician = 150
*8 Dryads = 96
*8 Dryads = 96

It gives you pretty close to MSC, and all the versitility you need.

Hope that helps!

thesheriff

Manling
05-02-2012, 00:25
A BsB always a good thing to have in this edition. If your playing at this points lvl you might want to try the Wild riders instead of Glade riders.

Glade gaurd are decent so i would keep them and you can take a Lord to drop your Eternal gaurd to core.

consolidate the Dryads into a single unit and use the Branchwraith as a champion and take a spellweaver lvl 2 to add more punch to your magic and with a bigger unit of Dryads you have a unit that can seriously maul the enemy.

Waywatchers are a good unit. and if you do take the combat lord(i cant remember what the name is right now) the bow of loren with Arcane Bodkins is a brutal combo.

Blacktao
05-02-2012, 10:06
thx you guys that really helpt me

but this is al I have from the Wood Elves army (for the moment)
I got a few more Glade guard, but I wanted something to be able to hit the enemy in combat also

those glade riders are just to shoot and thin the units from the ennemy, the spellweaver with the starfire arrows is in it,
so when I wound with him the need to panic, and if they fail, my riders are fast enought to let them run of the bord :P
that was the main idee, because wood elves are not so strong so you'll need something tho thin the enemy's army

first I will try this list, then I'll see what I need to add en what needs to be removed.

and after that I still can ask your opinions ;)

Black

Blacktao
05-02-2012, 10:07
Wyssans wild forming mage

what is this??

DarKolia
05-02-2012, 17:49
what is this??

+1F +1E to a whole unit for one turn...
May shift the tide of many combats

Blacktao
05-02-2012, 18:19
+1F +1E to a whole unit for one turn...
May shift the tide of many combats

and whats F and E :P
is this a characteristic like Ld, M, Ws,....

Overtninja
05-02-2012, 18:56
he means +1S and +1T.

DarKolia
05-02-2012, 20:30
Oups! I forgot to translate in english...
Sorry!

BertusB
06-02-2012, 12:37
Hi mate, quite the alternative list you've got there. I've never played with double caster lord myself, but the advice here in the thread is pretty solid. You really don't need both of them on life. Set on of them on beast, and there should be high enough chances you get the spells you want. That being said, with 8 spells at your disposal from these two babies already, I really don't see the added value of the Branchwraith, let alone the question of where you are going to get the Powerdice from to make her cast something. Dryads pack enough punch when used correctly, maybe consider dropping her?
Also, drop the champion from every unit (the one in the EG unit can stay if you're going with thesherrif's advice). In other armies champions have some added value, but these armies have big blocks of things, which the Wood Elves (your list included) usually do not have.
Also, I assume your Lord on the Unicorn is going to join with the Glade Riders? I'm afraid she can't since you gave him Glamourweave, she's now a tree spirit and can only join other tree spirit units (like your treekin).
The Springtide banner is not so very good, try the flaming banner instead. From all the points you now have available, buy some more Eternal guard for your block, and follow thesherrifs advice if you want to go that route. If not, then drop them all together (10 really is not enough) and get yourself 2 eagles. They're awesome. Or, take a second Treeman! **** yeah! Hope this helps!
Cheers,
BertusB

Blacktao
06-02-2012, 16:05
@ bertusB: thx, I know now how a wood elf army needs to be , especialy in 8th
thx alot to you all.
And if I have some more questions I will ask hem here

Black

SugarShark
06-02-2012, 18:37
I certainly apprieciate all the discussion as I am building my first skaven and wood elf armies in more than a decade or so

Aemir
14-02-2012, 10:25
lvl.1 Branchwraith isn't that good really, most obviosly she'll cast base spell, but the Treeman already knows it. Better take 4 GG for that amount of points and you'll get more range damage.