PDA

View Full Version : The Vostroyan platoon - how many points?

syrme
24-04-2006, 15:18
I really like the look of the Vostroyan IG platoon thats coming out this weekend - Im not really a 40k player but I really love the models and would like to paint them up. Approximately how many points including upgrades would the platoon be worth - enough to play a small game and get me started?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110105199&orignav=10

Dawn of the Dogs
24-04-2006, 15:25
unfortunately no, a platoon only makes up one troops choice in an IG army, so unless you are playing small, squad based games, youre not gonna get much play out of a single platoon.

stahly
24-04-2006, 15:27
If you choose the same doctrines as in the WD, the models in the box will make 376 pts. But we're talking about extremely expensive guard squads.

syrme
24-04-2006, 15:39
wow ok I didnt realise they were so cheap - do they plan to release anyother models for this range (if i do go with them) so I could expand to 1 or 1.5k?

ThorirHrafn
24-04-2006, 15:47
Well, the platoon box gives you:
lieutenant with bolt pistol and chainsword, a medic and a plasma gun and a flamer in the unit.
A unit with plasma gun and lascannon and a unit with a mortar and grenade launcher.
That comes to about 305 points.
Make them all hardened fighters and sharpshooters than the cost rises to 380 pts so you can start playing 400 pts combat patrols with what you get from the box.

Loricatus
24-04-2006, 16:13
Yeah, they'll be coming out with a Command Squad pretty soon. After that, there'll be a squad box, and a few other heavy weapon releases.

Plus, you can take all the other Imperial Guard goodies like Leman Russ tanks, Basilisks, Hellhounds, Chimeras, Sentinels, etc. None of these are keyed to any particular IG army, so just match the paintjob to your Vostroyans and you're good to go.