PDA

View Full Version : post your commander

damz451
24-04-2006, 16:02
since the hq is meant to be a representation of urself and a cc monster im just wondering what everyone elses is like, heres mine below and some stats for it (shld be ok since no models are like it)

This is my Dark eldar Archon which i think does pretty well in cc for its points cost.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7192/dsc000265su.jpg
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1456/dsc000270vy.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000288ya.jpg

its stat line is

ws bs s t w i a ld sv
8 6 6 3 3 7 5 9 2+ inv

this is for 160 points, bit more expensive than a talos but just as effective :D, also it will attack no matter what due to drug abuse :) and can re roll misses

stick him with a retinue of incubi and they can tear through assualt termies so easily :D so far it has done fairly well in cc, what are the commanders like in your armies?

plasmadaemon
24-04-2006, 16:06
This should be in the P&T forums, and there are already loads of threads like these. Use the searchy.

damz451
24-04-2006, 16:07
its more about the stats rather than the model..... also searching the forums ddnt exactly turn up many threads that were like this one, unless u'd like people to search to the last page

calicojack
24-04-2006, 16:10
<<the hq is meant to be a representation of urself and a cc monster>>

As well, whilst this might have been what they were after in the "first person shooter" 40k of "second edition," I don't think entirely that's what they're after now. There are a wide number of options for "army commander," beyond simply CC monster, and whilst the commanders I use are interesting _characters_, none of them in any way reflects "me."

cav da man
24-04-2006, 17:56
i dno if this helps or anything but my commander is actually higher than me, my person is the leader of a squad of firewarriors
i got promoted for some daring act that i cant seem to remember at the moment and i personally like to see my commander get blown to bits.........

Achilles
24-04-2006, 18:10
my Khorne Lord never speaks, isnt social and is obsessed with killing.... No Way thats a reprisentative of me...

is it?:wtf:

Subtext
24-04-2006, 20:13
Here is my Commander, which represents me. But he never goes into battle because he doesn't want both of his arms to be replaced with Bionics. So he sends his more point effective subordinates to direct the forces on the Battlefield, while he is up in the Battlebarge and poses in front of the Mirror with his Plasmapistols. "Are you talking too me? Eat hot Plasma Xenoscum!"
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/Subtext/40k/Dark%20Angels/HQ/MeisterSubtext3.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/Subtext/40k/Dark%20Angels/HQ/MeisterSubtext2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/Subtext/40k/Dark%20Angels/HQ/MeisterSubtext1.jpg

damz451
24-04-2006, 21:01
reminds me as cypher, as for rules is it just a twin linked p pistol?

The Emperor
24-04-2006, 22:14
No pictures, as I haven't gotten all the pieces I want, yet. However, I'm planning on building several Commanders for my Ultramarines army. The Captains of the 2nd, 6th, 8th, and 9th Companies. This is what I got in mind.

MASTER
Ultramarines 2nd Company
WS: 5, BS: 5, S: 4, T: 4, W: 3, I: 5, A: 4, Ld: 10, Sv: 2+/4+
Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer, Combi-Meltagun
Artificer Armor, Teleport Homer, Terminator Honors, Iron Halo
200 Points

CAPTAIN
Ultramarines 6th Company
WS: 5, BS: 5, S: 4, T: 4 (5), W: 2, I: 5, A: 4, Ld: 9, Sv: 3+
Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon
Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals, Space Marine Bike, Teleport Homer, Terminator Honors
137 Points

CAPTAIN
Ultramarines 8th Company
WS: 5, BS: 5, S: 4, T: 4, W: 2, I: 5, A: 4, Ld: 9, Sv: 2+/4+
Lightning Claws
Artificer Armor, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals, Teleport Homer, Terminator Honors, Iron Halo
186 Points

CAPTAIN
Ultramarines 9th Company
WS: 5, BS: 5, S: 4, T: 4, W: 2, I: 5, A: 3, Ld: 9, Sv: 3+
Power Fist, Master-Crafted Bolter
Auspex, Bionics
108 Points

Subtext
24-04-2006, 22:39
reminds me as cypher, as for rules is it just a twin linked p pistol?

Yes, Dual Plasmapistols = Master Crafted Plasma Pistol
(Like Fists of Ultramar, which are modelled as two Powerfists but count as a single mastercrafted one.)

And he uses his Plasmapistols in Closecombat.
(Like Cypher does, so in CC they count as a Powerweapon.)

So he actually is just a Dark Angels Master (C:SM Captain) with Mastercrafted Plasmapistol and Powerweapon. He also gets a Combat Shield (but I say the field-generator is integrated into his armour, so he doesn't has a clumsy shield to screw up his aiming). So he already costs 135 Points and can also buy some grenades and stuff.

The Emperor
25-04-2006, 11:25
Yes, Dual Plasmapistols = Master Crafted Plasma Pistol
(Like Fists of Ultramar, which are modelled as two Powerfists but count as a single mastercrafted one.)

And he uses his Plasmapistols in Closecombat.
(Like Cypher does, so in CC they count as a Powerweapon.)

So he actually is just a Dark Angels Master (C:SM Captain) with Mastercrafted Plasmapistol and Powerweapon. He also gets a Combat Shield (but I say the field-generator is integrated into his armour, so he doesn't has a clumsy shield to screw up his aiming). So he already costs 135 Points and can also buy some grenades and stuff.

Damn, that's a REALLY good idea! I may have to go ahead and steal it.

*YOINK*

librerian_samae
25-04-2006, 11:31
Emperors children aspiring champion.
termi armour
dark blade
doom siren
sonic blaster

works well enough, mainly there to add extra omph to my termi squad.

ZAChos
25-04-2006, 12:23
Capt Galenus:
-Storm Shield
-Thunder Hammer
-Terminator Honours

Chaplain Devereux
-CCW (Power sword actually, but no point in paying extra)
-Terminator Honours

Librarian Zacceus (ME!!)
-Power Fist
-Terminator armour
-Fury of the Ancients
-Fear the Darkness

None of them are particular monsters. Zacceus is probably the hardest but he isn't even made yet, and will only come out to play in 2000 point battles.