PDA

View Full Version : Grey Seer with Fencers Blades question

Coldblood666
08-02-2012, 03:26
Fencers Blades count as a "paired weapon", so can a Grey Seer on a Screaming Bell have them? Normally mounted models cannot take AHW's, but I see a lot of people doing this. Is it legal?

Magicafiend
08-02-2012, 03:45
Its perfectly legal, the latest rulebook errata states that they require two hands to use. They are not technically an additional hand weapon, all the rulebook says is that they require two hands to use, are bought as a pair, and give +1 attack.

T10
08-02-2012, 05:21
Paired Weapons are not "additional hand weapons" per se but have their own rules in the magic items section. I don't recall any restrictions on using them while mounted: It has never occurred to me to want to do so.

-T10

Mr_Rose
08-02-2012, 14:39
Yeah, what everyone else said; "Paired Weapons" are not mundane "Additional Hand Weapons" and so follow a subtly different set of rules, defined in the appendix under the magic weapon rules.

AMWOOD co
08-02-2012, 15:34
We already have the precident of two special characters who have paired weapons that can be/are mounted in Korhil of the High Elves (See FAQ for the paired weapons addition) and Azhag the Slaughterer of the Greenskins.