Level 3

Vampire (191)
Aura of Dark Majesty
Fear incarnate
Heavy armour
Level 2

CORE
40 ghouls + ghast (410)
40 skeleton warriors with sword and shields + full command + Screaming banner (255)
10 dire wolves + doom wolf (90)
10 dire wolves + doom wolf (90)
Special
Corpse cart +unholy lodestone (120)
5 hexwraiths + Hellwraith (160)
3 vargheists (148)
Rare
5 blood knights, full command, sword of swift slaying (285)
Terrorgheist 225

Kayosiv
08-02-2012, 18:05
You cannot take Armour of fortune and an enchanted shield, they are both considered magic armors. I wouldn't bother with a champion on the hexwraith unit or the sword of swift slaying on the blood knight champion. The hexwraith's should rarely be fighting things anyway and the blood knight champ is going to get maybe 1 more hit out of that always strike first and will lose his lance. I think you're better off having no champion at all and getting a 6th bloodknight (or a 4th vargheist).

Why doesn't your hero vampire have a shield!? He strikes me as being very easy to kill.

Commissar Merces
08-02-2012, 18:31
You cannot take Armour of fortune and an enchanted shield, they are both considered magic armors. I wouldn't bother with a champion on the hexwraith unit or the sword of swift slaying on the blood knight champion. The hexwraith's should rarely be fighting things anyway and the blood knight champ is going to get maybe 1 more hit out of that always strike first and will lose his lance. I think you're better off having no champion at all and getting a 6th bloodknight (or a 4th vargheist).

Why doesn't your hero vampire have a shield!? He strikes me as being very easy to kill.

WOOOOPS! I accidently forgot to say the hero vampire had a shield!

Vampire Lord
Sword of Bloodshed
Shield
dragonhelm
talisman of endurance
Red Fury
Quick Blood
Beguile
Level 3

Hero Vampire
Vampire (196)
Aura of Dark Majesty
Fear incarnate
Heavy armour
enchanted shield
Level 2

Gloryseeker
08-02-2012, 20:59
As Kayosiv said I'd drop the sword of the blood knights and the champ from the hexwraiths.

Potion of strength on the lord?

40 ghouls is a LOT of points now. I think you could do with another anvil, 40 more skeletons?

Why packs of 10 wolves? I heard arguments for 6 over 5 but never 10 they are not a hammer unit.

Just my 2 cents.

Gloryseeker

Commissar Merces
09-02-2012, 15:58
Well as of right now I have 20 dire wolves and I need them to fill out my core so I figured I would run them as units of ten. Should I run them as units of 5 instead?

If I drop the hexwraith and the sword that leaves me with a good chunk of points. What would you recommend I add? Some zombies?

Kayosiv
10-02-2012, 05:56
Get your vampire hero a ward save or give the blood knights the banner of blood keep and stick your vampire hero on a horse with them.

Alternatively, boost your lord to level 4 or buy a level 1 necromancer.