PDA

View Full Version : Most amazing battle scene you have seen (Games Day)? and wish to see.

polomarko888
09-02-2012, 21:25
I guys I just saw pictures of the battle at the emperors palace and thought wow!

What battle scenes have you seen modelled that have made you just go wow? pictures welcome.

Alos what do you want to see?

Polo.

polomarko888
09-02-2012, 21:28
link to siege of emperors palace http://www.sodemons.com/gwmuseum/chaosatt2.jpg

ChaplainOrion
09-02-2012, 21:31
The one from the last gamesday was pretty cool. It was a Nurgle army, with blight drones flying around and everything, assaulting a big Imperial mountain base that was made out of all the planetstrike sets that had come out.

KomradeKorlash
09-02-2012, 22:33
Although I'm pretty new to the 40k scene, looking at GW's post yesterday on the Massacre at Big Toof River from 1997 made me go "woah".

Also, if anyone has the full image of it, please post. :)

x-esiv-4c
10-02-2012, 11:45
The deck of an off-shore rig platform at Gamesday Atlanta way back. It was a really well done table.

MajorWesJanson
10-02-2012, 12:26
I liked the Red Orktober model, personally.

polomarko888
10-02-2012, 13:19
Anyone got any images of these battles they can post on here?

Moosen
10-02-2012, 15:46
There was a pretty cool battle scene in the window of the GW in Dublin, Ireland. Don't know if its still there, as I saw it back in 2006 when I visited. Chaos Marines storming an IG fortress. The fortress itself had to be 4 feet tall, with a side wall removed so you could see all the interior details and action. I wish I had a pic of it.

Chapters Unwritten
10-02-2012, 16:31
There's a really awesome image of a Tyranid assault on a Space Wolf fortress, in which there are explosions full of Tyranid body parts and stuff going off. Really amazing and life-like. EDIT: Here's the link - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=4800010a

Rogerio
11-02-2012, 11:22
I would actually love to see the old Dark Eldar attack a trench system display and the one where the vampire counts attack a city of the empire, that was a brilliant, brilliant display!

I especially loved the little monastary on the board and they cut a rope bridge sending a ton of zombies down into the bottom of a gorge, super cool.

LonelyPath
11-02-2012, 12:06
Although I'm pretty new to the 40k scene, looking at GW's post yesterday on the Massacre at Big Toof River from 1997 made me go "woah".

Also, if anyone has the full image of it, please post. :)

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/265513.page

My favourite was a participation game back in the very early 90s at the UK GD that had masses of Orcs against Dark Elves, I was allowed to take control of the Orc artillery and managed to kill more of our own guys than the Elves did, lol! The table was beautifully set up with hand made scenery and wonderfully sculpted board. Sadly, I have no pictures of it and forget which exact year it was :(

Khorneguy
11-02-2012, 18:19
I'd love to see the Drop Site Massacresa, complete with converted Primarch models.

Promethius
12-02-2012, 09:58
Not an actual attle scene per se, bt the table at gw cribbs causeway is awesome, an imperial city with an ork submersible in the harbour, and space marine drop pods crashed n the architecture.

yabbadabba
12-02-2012, 12:24
Big Toof River was a laugh because we were allowed a lot of latitude in the creation of it. We made 10 dead grots which included and exploding one, and the ubiquitos pair of smoking boots.

The earlier WFB always had the edge on the 40K ones because you needed so many more models, and you could "hide" the jokes far easier mong the masses.

Mannimarco
12-02-2012, 16:10
For 40k its got to be the siege of the Emperors Palace.

For WHFB there was a diorama in an old White Dwarf. It was a huge undead horde attacking an Empire town, it had a Sisters of Sigmar shrine in the middle with a rope bridge cut, zombie swarming all over the town and zombies clambering out of the water down by the docks.

Cant even find any pics of that online now :(

yabbadabba
12-02-2012, 16:31
That diorama had a working title of "From Dusk to Dawn".