PDA

View Full Version : Forest Goblin Hero in unit of Night Goblins?

Chris_Tzeentch
10-02-2012, 07:21
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if you can have a forest goblin hero in a unit of night goblins?

Thanks

T10
10-02-2012, 10:16
The Orcs & Goblins book does not place any* restrictions on which type of character models may join which units. You may have your Goblin character join a unit of Night Goblins.

-T10

*) Well, certain units have restrictions allowing any** characters to join them.

**) And some even have exceptions to those restrictions.

stainawarjar
11-02-2012, 22:32
There's also no such thing as a forest goblin hero.

Thurizdan
12-02-2012, 05:20
Did you perhaps mean a goblin hero riding a spider?

Chris_Tzeentch
12-02-2012, 17:11
Basically, I wanted a goblin army standard bearer in a unit of Night Goblins (Horde) in order to give them all poisoned attacks.

I refer to Forest Goblin as I am an Old School Orcs & Goblins general, and you could only have the old Spider Banner if you were a Forest Goblin.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Yowzo
13-02-2012, 10:33
Basically, I wanted a goblin army standard bearer in a unit of Night Goblins (Horde) in order to give them all poisoned attacks.

The good old poisoned arrows of doom trick. Worked great with the old book, but now the spider standard is, IMHO, too expensive.

But then you can always have a shaman get them poison on 5s which is great when it goes through.

T10
13-02-2012, 21:55
Savage Orc Big 'Uns with bows accompanied by a Goblin BSB with the Spider Banner have been a mainstay in my Orcs & Goblins army for quite some time now: better range and better close combat ability.

DaHobgoblin
14-02-2012, 11:57
How dare people say there are no such things as forest goblins, shocking, an outrage......
Sadly though, as rules are written they are no more, but the game is more than rules ;-) I have a solid army of forest goblins, definately not common goblins :-)
1000 pts, two big blocks on infantry, spider riders and some characters including one on a gigantic spider. All the old 5th ed metal ones. When people see it, nobody says, ahhh a common goblin army :-)

Having got that off my chest, to answer the question there is no rule stopping the aforementioned forest goblin joining the night goblin unit other than your own conscience... where is the night goblin hero? How did this band of night goblins end up in your tribe!