PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf master Rune of Flight

Hazyboy
10-02-2012, 15:37
Quick Question regarding the above rune. Can i be used to snipe out indivual models in a unit?

If it hits a character the attack will be resolved be against it, but can you target a standard bearer / musican / Hero and effecticely snipe them or does the wound just carry into the unit.

Cheers

Harwammer
10-02-2012, 15:41
If you kill a standard or musician another rank and file trooper picks up that piece of equipment, making it effectively the same as killing a normal guy.

The rune entry specifies any model in LoS, which technically includes models in units (provided, of course, they can be seen).

Hazyboy
10-02-2012, 16:09
Many thanks, So you could snipe a unit Champ as well?

Mid'ean
10-02-2012, 17:25
Many thanks, So you could snipe a unit Champ as well?

Yes. You can take out the unit champs.

GrandmasterWang
13-02-2012, 03:57
Sniping the Unit Champ is pretty much the only use it has as you can't really rune it up much due to pts cost and 'Master rune'. You'd need to take a lord to have a good flying hammer.

That said, i've had some success using the MROF and i'm glad dwarfs have the option. I'll also add that people HATE!!!! having their unit champ sniped, so it's worth it almost for the fun of that. MROF and rune of Strength- 60 pts for the 1 strength 5 hit. Not the most effective use of points but it has done well on occassion such as taking out that Swordmaster Champ with the 2+ wounding magic blade etc... or getting that final wound off a pesky hero.

If you put a MROF thane with a unit of thunderers you ensure that there is no long range penalty for the stand and shoot (saves you taking the pistols). I did have one really annoying for my opponent time with the Rune of Slowness and a MROF hero in the same unit and managed to kill Skulltaker with a Flying Hammer to the face (same hammer, returns to the hands like Wulfgar's from the Drizzt series) which has to count for something!!!

SilasOfTheLambs
14-02-2012, 01:53
Would this trigger Look Out Sir?

Harwammer
14-02-2012, 12:22
I don't think so, when the rule book refers to LoS! for 'unusual shooting attacks' it is specific these are hits from templates (when claiming LoS! within a unit).

Warrior of Chaos
15-02-2012, 08:09
Would this trigger Look Out Sir?

You only get "look out sir" for template attacks as Harwammer pointed out above.