PDA

View Full Version : Back to WHFB [2k Goblins]

Lord Bob
10-02-2012, 16:53
Hi all. I used to play WHFB back in 5th and 6th edition times. I left for 40k after all that "I-hit-first-because-I-got-pointy-ears-and-dress-in-white" and now I'm considering giving a try to 8th. I used to play DE and O&G, long are gone the days of full cav DE :cries:.

IMO, after reading the new rulebook and codexes, cheap troops spam and warmachines make a powerful combo. So I thought about my old goblin army and this is what I came out with:

Goblin Warboss: Fozzrik's Folding Fortress.
Night Goblin Big Boss: Battle Standard Bearer, shield, light armour.
Goblin Great Shaman: scroll of shielding.
Night Goblin Shaman.
Night Goblin Big Boss: great weapon.
33 Night Goblins: spear, shield, nets, full command.
28 Night Goblins: spear, shield, nets, full command.
28 Night Goblins: spear, shield, nets, full command.
20 Night Goblins: short bow.
Spear Chukka.
Spear Chukka.
Spear Chukka.
Spear Chukka.
Spear Chukka.
Spear Chukka.
15 Squigs and 5 Herders.
15 Squigs and 5 Herders.
Rock Lobber.
Rock Lobber.
Doom Diver Catapult.
Doom Diver Catapult.

Total: 2000 Lords: 325/500 Heroes: 313/500 Core: 552(min 500) Special: 480/1000 Rare: 330/500

The plan would be having 3 anvils with 2 cheap big bosses for the choopin' while staying steadfast, 2 squiggies for flank charging (if they survive!), all the stuff that can shoot (decently), and a terrain piece for warboss, BSB and shamans to hide in with 20 just-in-case gobbos. Battle plan: stay back, shoot everything that moves, and stab what's left. My main worries are that I got a weak magic protection and that I'd like to have more goblins (95 don't seem too many).

BTW, how is it measured the bubbles from BSB and general when they're inside a building? I hope someone says "from the hull like un 40k".

Leave your thoughts. Thanks for the feedback!

calnen
10-02-2012, 19:26
Looks like fun!
As I'm sure you know, you'll have difficulty with leaderships checks, even when your BSB is nearby. If you want to run him 'naked' as you have, the banner of discipline is good. Alternatively, you could give him some magical defence.
Mangler Squigs are awesome - great fun on the battlefield and cool opportunities for modelling too.
Yes, you are light on magic defence. Swap the two shamans for a single L3 if you can?

zielonkak
11-02-2012, 22:59
drop the chukkas and add mangler sqigs and pump wagons