PDA

View Full Version : New Vampire vs Wood Elves: What could go wrong?

Malorian
11-02-2012, 03:56
This is the first game in a league I'm in, and I decided to take wood elves.

The mission was one where you had to hold a bridge in the center of the board which wood elves are bad at and vampire counts are good at... but hey, I'm a sucker for punishment ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsSMQYUlkLI

Kayosiv
11-02-2012, 09:05
How not to use hexwraiths.
Chapter 1...

Frankly
11-02-2012, 11:01
Nice battle report.

I've had a hard time against a few veteran players playing WE with my VC. Played against a CC focused WE last week that was lead by anti-magic character slots, certainly gave me a run for my money.

One player came second over all playing comp'ed WE in the last major tournament outing I went too, so they still have their moments.

MOMUS
11-02-2012, 13:05
The next league game i have is against VC, you make it look so easy :cries:

thrawn
11-02-2012, 13:46
nice, i like it!

i play wood elves, this gives me confidence in my woodies again!

i wish i had a dragon though like you.

no treemen? yes it screams shoot me, but it would have been great to hold the bridge . . .

also, do you have success with the warhawk riders? i find them to be over priced glade riders, unless you have a particle role for them, such as hit-n-run, but that is too specific and does not come up often enough to justify their cost i find.

TsukeFox
11-02-2012, 16:52
Sad-

All sorts of wrong. Next time your wood elves will not be so lucky

Malorian
11-02-2012, 18:20
Sad-

All sorts of wrong. Next time your wood elves will not be so lucky

And next time I won't go so easy on him ;)

Sarael
11-02-2012, 22:23
You should have taken the 2 troll hordes... :P

Malorian
11-02-2012, 22:45
You should have taken the 2 troll hordes... :P

Ha! Unless they were just tied up with the hexwraiths a troll horde would have been devestating here.

That big unit of zombies would have just vapourized...

SevenSins
11-02-2012, 23:13
nice rep as usual, mal, and hopefully your opp learned something about playing to his strengths...... You really shouldn't have been able to win this scenario (or at least had a much harder time)

Nice start for the forces of order though, looking forward to more campaigneering in the future :)

Sarael
14-02-2012, 23:52
I'm sure you could have drawn them into flank charging your troll horde to save the zombies... :P