PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Tau / Chaos (Demons or Marines)

WarHammerman
12-02-2012, 13:40
Let me begin by saying : I'm crazy.

I have this idea in my head, and I would like a little bit of help.

I have it in my mind to make a Farsight based "Corruped Tau" Army. That would be Tau stuff, painted black and gold, added spikes and other bits.

(and while Tau don't have Psykers (beyond Etherials?) -doesn't mean they're immune to temptation or other chaos tricks)

And while I think this would look really cool...I am wanting to do a little more with it.

I was thinking of having this pull double-duty. Looks tau, plays Tau - but is also a Chaos army. Now, I'm not sure if I wanna say Chaos Demons - or Chaos Space Marines.

Either would work for the "Corrupted" purposes.

What am needing help with is to draw parallels between things, and possible List Construction assistance.

And what do I mean drawing parallels? I mean something like. "Hey, that team of 3 Broadsides could easily become a team of 3 Obliterators - especially if you magnetize the options!"

I am not afraid of magnetizing, if that helps. I just need someone more familiar with the Chaos armies to give me a hand getting smart "Plays as" kind of numbers.

I am going with a Farsight Tau list (to limit options and keep me more sane) - so there will be fire warriors, broadsides, lots of Battlesuits, there is potential for a lot of drones, and vehicles.
(I could also see me enjoying converting my Hammerhead into a Defiler, by way of Magnetized legs)

So please help me =D

Thanks all!

-Hammerman

slingersam
12-02-2012, 17:55
I dont know what you can do for your troops, As kroot would make great lesser daemons (meaning no far sight). Other than that I would say csm are the best bet. Suits as termies, stealth suits as chosen. vespids as raptors, that sort of thing. Make sure to add ccw to your suits if your going to make them more wusiwug

Spider-pope
12-02-2012, 18:57
You could maybe get away with using them as a Tzeentch based daemon army, the huge firepower output of Horrors would match Tau infantry, Stealth suits as Flamers, but you're going to run into difficulties in some areas - crisis suits as Daemon Princes? sort of fits but doesnt quite.

Sunyavadin
12-02-2012, 19:28
wusiwug
wysiwyg is already an acronym.
Using contractions like "u" for "you" does not serve any purpose.

slingersam
12-02-2012, 20:35
Sorry that was me being stupid. i know its an acronym.

WarHammerman
12-02-2012, 23:09
Some basics I was thinking would be:

Christs Suits = Terminators
Farsight = Chaos Lord (in Terminator Armor)
Fire Warriors = 1,000 Suns (Carbines = Bolters) - Cause these are the troops w/o a close combat weapon
Broadsides = Obliterators

Convert the Hammerhead to be a Defiler (magnetize the legs and weapons/head to sides and top) etc.

I think I can pull this off, if I try hard.

chaos_tau
12-02-2012, 23:23
I think it's a great idea. Perhaps krooot as wold eaters, there're basiclt the same? What about drones as summoned deamons. A proper nasty surprise. BOOM!

DietDolphin
12-02-2012, 23:32
You could maybe get away with using them as a Tzeentch based daemon army, the huge firepower output of Horrors would match Tau infantry, Stealth suits as Flamers, but you're going to run into difficulties in some areas - crisis suits as Daemon Princes? sort of fits but doesnt quite.

+1 This.

Tzeentch was always the god of the future (Nurgle the past) and it would be quite fitting to have a futuristic army like the tau represent his daemons. Maybe try to add a bit of mutation and egyptian flavour when modelling and I think this would be the best rout (and look amazing if done well).

Erazmus_M_Wattle
13-02-2012, 00:24
You could use one of the big suits from Forgeworld as a Daemon Prince though.

Sunyavadin
13-02-2012, 09:06
Yeah, some of the lShas'o ones would make for a good DP. Especially Tzeentch, I can see arcane runes fitting in on the surface of the shields and suchlike.

WarHammerman
13-02-2012, 23:07
I've never played Chaos Deamons - nor even seen people play them. What are they like?

Sunyavadin
18-02-2012, 15:31
Depends. How fond of deep striking are you?

Exc20002001
18-02-2012, 15:53
Deamons are a fantastic army, built to either table or get tabled :P

I was thinking possibly a nurgle styled army. Simply by using a lot of greens stuff you could nurgle infest a lot of things as well. 'Nurgle throne' your farsight if you can, give your kroots lots of tentacles and whatnot to get plague bearers, and you could play a 'epidemius list'.

Although I think the Tzeentch option is probably your best bet.

WarHammerman
18-02-2012, 15:57
I've never dealt with Deamons - please let me know how they work.

I'm not opposed to deep striking.

Godzooky
18-02-2012, 16:56
Some basics I was thinking would be:

Christs Suits = Terminators
Farsight = Chaos Lord (in Terminator Armor)
Fire Warriors = 1,000 Suns (Carbines = Bolters) - Cause these are the troops w/o a close combat weapon
Broadsides = Obliterators

Certainly an interesting approach, I'll give you that... :shifty:

NixonAsADaemonPrince
18-02-2012, 17:11
Certainly an interesting approach, I'll give you that... :shifty:

Damn (Rather fitting) you got there first ;)

Though I must admit I got an image of possessed formal suits, white in colour with suitable trim. As you do.

WarHammerman
21-02-2012, 03:54
Right now i've got some ideas:

HQ: Chaos Terminator Lord
- TL-Bolter
- Daemon Weapon
AKA
Commander Farsight
- Plasma Rifle
- Dawn Blade

x2 Thousand Sons & Aspiring Sorcerer (9+1)
AKA
x2 Fire Warrior + Shas'ui (9+1)
- Pulse Carbines

Chaos Terminators (Icon of Tzeentch)
x2 Lightning Claw & Autocannon
x8 Lightning Claw & LT-Bolter
AKA
x7 Crisis Bodyguards
- Plasma Rifle
Chrisis Shas'vre
- Plasma Rifle
x2 Crisis Battlesits
- Burst Cannon & Plasma Rifle

Obliterator Cult (x3)
AKA
Broadside (x3)

Defiler
- Reaper Autocannon & Havoc Launcher
AKA
Hammerhead
- Railgun & Smart Missile System

Havocs (x8)
- x6 w/ Bolters
- x2 Lascannon
+ Rhino w/ Havoc Launcehr
AKA
Pathfinder (x8)
- x6 Pulse Carbines
- x2 Rail Rifle

Also, for Tau i got x5 stealthsuits, 2 w/ Fusion Blasters

Tau is 2221 / 2500
Chaos 1974 / 2500

Sunyavadin
21-02-2012, 13:56
I was thinking possibly a nurgle styled army. Simply by using a lot of greens stuff you could nurgle infest a lot of things as well. 'Nurgle throne' your farsight if you can, give your kroots lots of tentacles and whatnot to get plague bearers, and you could play a 'epidemius list'.

QFT.
See my Crone World Eldar.

totgeboren
21-02-2012, 14:08
Maybe i'm just slow, or old, or both, but I don't get it?
If you plonk down a bunch of Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles, they really should have rules that fit what your opponent sees. It doesn't need to fit perfectly, but it should be about right.
For example, a Chaos army that uses the CSM codex or the SW codex. Grey Hunters and basic CSM do not have the exact same rules, but they are close enough that the same model could stand in for both. This goes for most of the units in book.

This Tau army will really just be a proxy CSM army, and people tend to say proxies are fine if it's just a unit or so, and you are planning on getting the real deal.
Don't get me wrong, a chaos corrupted Tau army sounds kinda kewl, and I would very much like to see how the models turn out, but I just don't see why you need your Fire Warriors to have 4s across the board and a 3+ save?
Putting a spike on your shoulder-guard can't make that much of a difference!

gitburna
21-02-2012, 15:20
Maybe i'm just slow, or old, or both, but I don't get it?
If you plonk down a bunch of Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles, they really should have rules that fit what your opponent sees. It doesn't need to fit perfectly, but it should be about right.
For example, a Chaos army that uses the CSM codex or the SW codex. Grey Hunters and basic CSM do not have the exact same rules, but they are close enough that the same model could stand in for both. This goes for most of the units in book.

This Tau army will really just be a proxy CSM army, and people tend to say proxies are fine if it's just a unit or so, and you are planning on getting the real deal.
Don't get me wrong, a chaos corrupted Tau army sounds kinda kewl, and I would very much like to see how the models turn out, but I just don't see why you need your Fire Warriors to have 4s across the board and a 3+ save?
Putting a spike on your shoulder-guard can't make that much of a difference!

This feels more interesting than the "marines" option too. What you could do, to make things interesting though and add that Chaos feel, is to use chaos daemons models to represent your Auxiliaries, of which there wouldn't be so many. So flesh hounds or something to represent the kroot hounds, Harpies etc to represent Vespid, you get the picture.. ?

WarHammerman
22-02-2012, 01:36
I'll be using the "Plays As" rules - and in hopes that things will be able to be sculpted so that they're halfway between both lists... Crisis Suits = Terminator Armor (so I may wanna replace the robot heads with Twisted Tau-faces - with scars, and big Chaos symbols instead of the Tau mark)

Combi-Plasmas would be a Tau plasma-rifle atop a bolter body, etc.

WarHammerman
24-02-2012, 23:46
How does this sound?

WIP
(Tau: 2313 / 2481)

Farsight
- Dawn Blade
- Plasma Rifle
AKA
Chaos Terminator Lord
- Daemon Weapon (Death Screamer)
- Multi-Plasma
- Mark of Tzeentch

Chrisis Bodyguard (x7)
- Fusion Blaster
- Missile Pod
- Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
- Hard-Wired Target Lock
- Shield Generator
AKA
Chaos Terminators (x7/10)
- Combi-Melta
- Power Fist (Missile pod will be molded on to look more "Fist Like")
- Mark of Tzeentch

Crisis Shas'vre
- Fusion Blaster
- Missile Pod
- Hard-Wired Drone Controller (x2 Gun Drones)
- Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
- Hard-Wired Target Lock
- Shield Generator
AKA
Chaos Terminator (x1/10)
- Combi-Melta
- Mark of Tzeentch

Crisis Battlesuit
- Burst Cannon
- Missile Pod
- Shield Generator
AKA
Chaos Terminators (x2/10)
- ReaperAutocannon
- Mark of Tzeentch

Broadside Battle Suits (x3)
- TL-Railgun
- TL-Plasma
- Targeting Array
* (one with) Hard-Wired Drone Controller (Shield Drone)
* (one with) Multi-Tracker
AKA:
Obliterator Cult (x3)

x3 Fire Warriors (x10)
- Pulse Carbines
* (one with) Shas'Ui
* (one with) Markerlight
* (one with) Hard-Wired Milti-Tracker
AKA
x3 Thousand Sons (x9+1)
- Bolters w/ Infernol Bolts
@ Sorcerer has Doombolt

Pathfinders (x8)
- Pulse Carbine & Markerlight (x5)
- Rail Rifle & Targeting Array (x3)
AKA
Havocs (x8)
- Bolters (x5)
- Lascannon (x3)
- Mark of Tzeentch

Devilfish (with Pathfinders)
- Gun Drones
- Disruption Pods
- Multi-Tracker
- Targeting Array
AKA
Rhino (with Havocs)
- x2 TL-Bolter (Drones)
- Daemonic Possession
(Magnetized Burst-cannon to be removed)

Sky Ray
- Gun Drones
- Disruption Pods
- Multi-Tracker
- Targeting Array
AKA
Land Raider (with Terminators)
- x2 TL Lascannons (replace Smart Missiles)
- x2 TL Bolters (replaces Markerlite nodes)
- Daemonic Possession
- Dierge Caster

Hammerhead Gunship
- Railgun
- Smart Missile System
- Disruption Pods
- Multi-Tracker
AKA
Vidicator
- Demolisher Cannon
- Havoc Launcher
- Daemonic Possession

Right now I'm close, but not quite there. For the Chaos it looks like I could be able to pad this out with upgrades, or something.

For Tau, I'm not sure...more drones?

So, there are some parallels I've clearly drawn out here:
Crisis = Terminator
Combi-Plasma = Plasma Rifle
Combi-Melta = Fusion Cannon
Burst Cannon = Autocannon
Pulse Carbine = Bolter
Rail Rifle = Lascannon
Railgun = Demolisher Cannon
Smart Missile = Havoc

Anyway - that's the latest WIP. Please lemmie know what cha think!