PDA

View Full Version : Magic items for woc sorcerer's?

michaells
12-02-2012, 16:13
Hello all i just wanted t know if you guys know if you guys know how to build a good woc sorcerer's because i have the hardest time buiding one that is decent any suggestions (no i dont want you to build an a sorcerer's for me just want to know whats a ya or neigh for magic items)

TheOneHawk
12-02-2012, 17:22
Always an arcane item from our book, since we have some fricking amazing ones. I like the golden eye of Tzeentch on a sorc with a steed, since he'll never be in combat, so he'll get a dirt cheap 4+ (3+ if Tzeentch, also disk) wardsave against the vast majority if things that can wound him. Miscasts are about all that he won't have a save against, and with the puppet you can try and push that to 7, which does exactly nothing if he's a solo model.

Havock
12-02-2012, 18:16
First of all, the plural of sorcerer is sorcerers, not 's, which indicates a possesive noun.

Now that the Grammar Police has been placated:

One has the puppet, the other has a scroll.

michaells
12-02-2012, 18:19
Thanks guys

michaells
12-02-2012, 18:46
Ok here is my sorcerer feel free to correct any mistakes i have not played for awhile
sorcerer lord
lvl 4, Disk, golden eye, infernal puppet, spell famailer, dispell scroll

Havock
12-02-2012, 19:25
Illegal, you have three arcane items.

michaells
12-02-2012, 20:01
k thanks man i didnt know like i said i havnt played for awhile

michaells
12-02-2012, 22:12
This should be a legal sorcerer
sorcerer lord
lvl 4, Disk, golden eye, infernal puppet, third eye of tzeenecth, ruby ring of ruin

OldMaster
12-02-2012, 23:31
That's an absolutely 100% legal Slord you have there, michaells.
I might want to advise you against taking the Ruby ring of Ruin, as with the Lore of Tzeentch you will have access to a lot of damaging spells. Bound spells don't increase your casting output anymore - they just give you access to more spells.
The Third Eye s awesome. I also tend to tke the Bloodcurdling Roar to help get a minor shooting attack into my army.

Xzazzarai
13-02-2012, 01:24
Anyone ever thought of this build?

Level 4, MoT
Disc, Armour of destiny (3++), Necrotic Phylactery, infernal puppet, third eye. *(Bloodcurdling roar)

Gives him immunity to all spells in death + dwellers and the like. He's got a 3++ so he can pretty much take cannonball to the chest (allthough you don't really want that to happen, but anyway...)
The only weakness he has is volume of shots - which should be easy to avoid with a flying 20" movement...
And should you not have a good target for Gateway (which rarelly happens) or don't feel the need for pandemonium (or you allready have it in play) - take your opponents spells!
Allso, take the roar if you want to give him even more damage output!

With this build, you have a leathal, allmost unkillable (unless you do some misstakes) turret.

Magister_Ordo_Lyrae
13-02-2012, 01:34
I run mine in a Tz warrior bunker with the following setup: LV4, talisman of preservation, power familiar and sword of anti-heroes, also conjoined homonculus. I find the power familiar invaluable because it really helps make sure you have a power dice advantage. The ward save is self explanatory. The sword of anti-heroes makes sure if he does get challenged he has 5 st5 attacks, also it is funny when he gets into combat with multiple characters. I generally run him with heaven or death lore.

blackstork
13-02-2012, 09:20
My Sorcerer Lord is on foot, use Lore of Shadow and avoid fight.
My Chaos Sorcerer is on steed, use Lore of Fire and has: Talisman of Endurance, Charmed Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Biting Blade, Stream of Corruption and goes with Chaos Knights. He is good in fight and can shoot fireball.

Dux
13-02-2012, 09:44
Anyone ever thought of this build?

Level 4, MoT
Disc, Armour of destiny (3++), Necrotic Phylactery, infernal puppet, third eye. *(Bloodcurdling roar)

That's how I run mine. I always take bloodcurling roar, unless I have a second discrider, but that is rare.
He is quite a monster.
Talisman of Preservation is on my BSB so thats out. Armour of Destiny is only heavy armor, but the 4+/3++ he has is enough in most situations.
I have an additional lvl2 with Lore of Death and Dispell Scroll most of the time, to give me something to cast if my lvl4 isn't allowed to or has no targets.

Even the cheaper lvl 2 version I take at smaller games is a good caster (And he is under 250 points, so you can take him at 1k :evilgrin: )
Level 2, MoT
Disc, Talisman of Endurance, Charmed Shield, Spell Familiar, Bloodcurling Roar

This one nearly killed the whole enemy army once at 1k. Only the the crew of a warmachine was left when he died. My remaining units killed nothing. And I had knights in the list :wtf:.

LordoftheBrassThrone
13-02-2012, 18:41
I personally love to take the bloodskull pendant on my sorcerer, and throw him in the front lines, especially on smaller games. Fighty hero and spellcaster in one!

Havock
13-02-2012, 19:04
I'd take a plain 4+ ward for a disc sorceror lord, not just the golden eye.

I run mine with armor of destiny, third eye, puppet and phylactery.

michaells
13-02-2012, 19:11
Thank you all you have been so much help

Peregijn
14-02-2012, 07:47
just for fun:
sorcerer lord, lvl 4, mark of tzeentch, book of ashur, talisman of endurance, third eyer of tzeentch.
gives you +6 to cast your and your opponents spells ;)