PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Organ Gun = WTF

joebretonnia
13-02-2012, 02:04
Hello out there. I asked this question on another forum but I figure one more will be more clarification. So... I recently played a Dwarf Gunline. There was one Organ Gun. How he played it was he rolled the artillery dice as many times as he dared and as long as he didn't roll a misfire he added up the rolls and added them to equal the number of automatic strength 5 hits. Example was four rolls that added up to 28 strength 5 hits on my Grave Guard unit. They were creamed needless to say. So did it get played right? Thanks in advance.

Magicafiend
13-02-2012, 02:34
O god that's so wrong. He gets one artillery dice worth of automatic hits which he can choose to reroll(if it's not a misfire) if the rerolled artillery dice is a misfire than the gun simply doesn't shoot this turn. When something seems that off ask to see his armybook next time. Also consider punching him in the throat next time you see him, he was blatantly cheating.

Capt._Jaelinek
13-02-2012, 02:42
I thought organ guns only rolled 1 artillery die for number of hits. I'm not a dwarf player though. Ask to see his army book next time!

wyvirn
13-02-2012, 02:55
Ummmm, no. He was dead wrong. You get to reroll the artillery dice once, as long as the first roll wasn't a misfire. Yo don't add the results together, it's just a normal reroll. The S5 hits are automatic, however.

calnen
13-02-2012, 07:19
As above. You roll the dice once. If you want to (eg if you roll a 2, but you're not allowed if it's a misfire), you can re-roll it and use the second roll instead of the first. Whatever the second roll is you have to use that number. A misfire on the second roll counts as a 'zero', not as a misfire.
The hits are automatic, at S5, with AP.

musical
13-02-2012, 08:15
Maybe he got it confused with a skaven ratling gun :shifty:

Nedar
13-02-2012, 09:53
I also believe the empire hellcannon fires 3 artillery dice. But, yet, the Organ gun is only 1.

hamsterwheel
13-02-2012, 14:04
It sounds like he merged the rules for the Organ gun and the Empire gun. As the others have said, the Organ gun gets 1 artillery die of hits at Strength 5 that auto hit. The empire gun gets up to 3 artillery dice of shots that then have to roll to hit.

The bearded one
13-02-2012, 14:27
It sounds more like he merged the rules for the organ gun and the ratling gun, where you can keep rolling untill you want to stop or misfire.

The organ gun rolls 1 artillery dice, the number rolled is the number of hits at str5 -3 to saves. The dwarf player is allowed to reroll the artillery dice once, provided the first roll was not a misfire. The results are not added up, but you instead take the number of the secon roll, even if it's worse.

So a maximum of 10 str5 hits.

Moses
13-02-2012, 15:42
Always ask to see the relevant army book when something seems 'too good to be true' for your opponent. You may or may not be vindicated (depending on your expectations) but I'd rather spend 10 minutes of a game reading my opponent's book than have what happened to you happen.

Kayosiv
13-02-2012, 17:15
Don't do that with Daemons... I tried it once and it just ruined my day.

caciti
13-02-2012, 18:03
My god this post opened my eyes! I have a friend who plays dwarfs and I hated those ********** machines cause he rolled as much as he wanted and added em as long as no misfire but having actually read the book now I'm gonna give him a quick dose of punch in the facealin!

joebretonnia
14-02-2012, 16:27
Haha yeah that punchinthefaceacilin can be a good thing. Just a bummer I didn't catch it earlier. It has probably affected so many battles it's crazy! Live and learn I guess. Thanks for the help out there.

Manling
16-02-2012, 01:28
yeah always ask to see the army book. or better yet buy all the army books and read them cover to cover, that way you get some good reading and a good understanding of the rules

joebretonnia
16-02-2012, 02:32
I hear ya! It can be a toss up between nice shiny new models and other army books. But I know what you mean.

belgarath97
16-02-2012, 05:11
Looks like he cheated. Anytime something seems really extreme ask them to see the book.

Mister Blak
17-02-2012, 08:46

Yes... Of course... He just got it confused with a rather different weapon from another army book.

Honest.

Mister Blak
17-02-2012, 08:47

Yes... Of course... He just got it confused with a rather different weapon from another army book.

Honest.

:shifty:

Liber
17-02-2012, 09:05
...how do people get away with crap like this?

Harwammer
17-02-2012, 10:12
Why do people even do it (assuming it is intentional), let alone get away with it?

Surely playing outside the rules of the game completely invalidates any 'victory' as you aren't even really playing the game. It'd be like picking up the soccer ball, running with it through the posts and declaring it a goal when having a kick around with your mates in the park. If you're cheating you should know you're wasting everyone's time, especially your own.

/rant

The bearded one
17-02-2012, 10:57
That is assuming that he did it intentionally.

laribold
17-02-2012, 13:11
Why do people even do it (assuming it is intentional), let alone get away with it?

Surely playing outside the rules of the game completely invalidates any 'victory' as you aren't even really playing the game. It'd be like picking up the soccer ball, running with it through the posts and declaring it a goal when having a kick around with your mates in the park. If you're cheating you should know you're wasting everyone's time, especially your own.

/rant

But there is always the chance that by doing this you inadvertantly invent a much superior game (#williamwebbellis)
;)

Harwammer
17-02-2012, 13:35
Yea, I think we've all wanted a full contact version of warhammer against some particular opponents!