PDA

View Full Version : killing blow, heroic killing blow

Lance Tankmen
13-02-2012, 10:26
if an item prevent killing blow it prevents heroic killing blow too correct?

theunwantedbeing
13-02-2012, 10:28
Corect, Heroic Killing blow is simply Killing blow that is allowed to be used vs more targets.

ArtificerArmour
14-02-2012, 11:57
There's abit more to it than that TBH. Heroic killing blow is not the same as killing blow, but is a superior version. Just because an item prevents the lesser version of killing blow, does not mean it automatically prevents the superior version - it might be a more precise cut or a particular expert wielder.

I can see both sides, and would personally say no. However, AFAIK units which cannot be stomped also cannot be thunderstomped, which is the same principle as the HKB/KB.

Zeroth
14-02-2012, 12:56
Corect, Heroic Killing blow is simply Killing blow that is allowed to be used vs more targets.
This is the correct answer.

ArtificerArmour, you need double check the rulebook. It's not a superior version, that's something you made up ;)

Dirty Mac
14-02-2012, 13:12
ArtificerArmour, you need double check the rulebook. It's not a superior version, that's something you made up ;)

Actually it is a superior version, It works exactly the same as KB, but can be used on any creature regardless of size, except for swarms.
Which is what the rule book says. Please tell us how it is NOT a superior version of Killing blow, thanks.

Feefait
14-02-2012, 13:19
I can answer that, though I disagree. The book does not specifically SAY it is a superior version of KB, therefor it is not. Though personally I would say it is. lol

Dirty Mac
14-02-2012, 13:37
The rule book describes it as the same but better, Therefore it is a superior version.

ArtificerArmour
14-02-2012, 14:12
I think a blow which kills monsters trumps a kill that does not, ergo superior.

EDIT: double checked my rulebook...heroic killing blow IS better than killing blow :p. They are two seperate rules whcih share the same characteristic of killing multiwound creatures outright. One however is different.

Akkristor
14-02-2012, 14:40
I think a blow which kills monsters trumps a kill that does not, ergo superior.

EDIT: double checked my rulebook...heroic killing blow IS better than killing blow :p. They are two seperate rules whcih share the same characteristic of killing multiwound creatures outright. One however is different.

They're not actually separate rules. Heroic Killing Blow is a specific subrule of Killing Blow. It is a superior MODE of killing blow, with fewer restrictions, but it is not a separate rule on it's own. Just as a model which is immune to Stomp is immune to Thunderstomp, a model immune to Killing Blow is immune to it's Heroic Killing Blow subset.

Kalandros
14-02-2012, 21:00
Immune to killing blow means immune to all types of killing blow
HKB might be superior but its a SUBtype of Killing Blow.

mistrmoon
15-02-2012, 06:23
Immune to killing blow means immune to all types of killing blow
HKB might be superior but its a SUBtype of Killing Blow.

I'm not so sure, the dwarf rune that last edition granted immunity to killing blow and poison was errated to include HKB. Why would they bother if being immune to KB also automatically made you immune to HKB?

dementian
15-02-2012, 07:21
Because people were obviously having this argument and GW figured they needed to settle the argument for all future cases?

GotrekFan
15-02-2012, 13:22
Because people were obviously having this argument and GW figured they needed to settle the argument for all future cases?

And there was no Heroic Killing Blow when the Dwarf book was written.

Dreadlordpaul
16-02-2012, 07:47
Im assuming then that if i give my exalted the bronze armour of zhrakk hes immune to both types of killing blow along with poison?

Artinam
16-02-2012, 09:41
Yes, although some extreme rulelawyer may try to claim otherwise HKB is indeed a subtype like Thunderstomp is of stomp.