PDA

View Full Version : Woc

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
14-02-2012, 22:13
Hey guys I run a mono korne list 2 blocks of warriors marauder horde unit of knights with lord on jugger and a unit of chaos ogres, just wondering what rare unit I should bring to the table??

...GBH...

michaells
15-02-2012, 00:33
Hellcannon

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
15-02-2012, 01:22
Yeah proxyed one once did a whole lotta nothin!! How does a shaggoth go??

LordoftheBrassThrone
15-02-2012, 03:36
Generally not too bad, but theres some specific things it'll die quickly too like giants. But if you can avoid them and steadfast hordes, he won't be too bad at all

Decadent_Puppeteer
15-02-2012, 09:20
If you want something fun then take a Giant. It's the weakest option but the most entertaining. There's nothing like killing Dragon Princes by falling on them! :D

Warshrine's with M.o.Khorne are somewhere above that as they can provide unit buffs. However they are unreliable unless you have Terror-causing, Mark of Tzeentch Chosen with the 5pt magic item; and I'm not suggesting for a second you should break the mono Khorne theme! :P

A Shaggoth will be more reliable than the above two choices but, as mentioned, you need to be careful with how you use them.

Two Hellcannons are your best competetive choice. Whilst you'll have those games where they do nothing you'll also have those games where they panic entire armies off the table. The God's are fickle and that's why I recommend two to mitigate the chances of scatter and improve your chances of hitting something. As you have no magic, the ability to take out big monsters and whittle your opponents down is incredibly valuable; don't underestimate the 1-ld panic test as anything that forces your opponents to take tests is great.

Greavious_Bodily_Harm
15-02-2012, 19:28
Thanks for the advice guys I'm entering a 2000 pt league and was just after one rare choice, so I think I'll go the hell cannon thanks again.

...GBH...

Akkaryn
15-02-2012, 19:39
Hell Cannons can be devastating, it's the problem with playing a game of dice. The game before last it misfired on turn one and died, the game before that it misfired, killed the iron blaster I was firing at but then couldn't shoot for the rest of the game of which it didn't get into combat till turn 5.

In my game today how ever it shot first turn, clipped two units of high elf archers after scatter. One unit fled off the board going through 14 sword masters and making them flee off the board. I must also mention that the archers contained a level 4 Mage.

That's about 750 points wiped out before my opponent even had a turn.

Harwammer
15-02-2012, 20:08
I've found a Hell Cannon works best when used in conjunction with a Doom Totem (optional) and either Pandemonium (Tzeentch) or Doom and Darkness (death), perhaps both lores in larger games.

I assume your mono Khorne / Chaos Lord build means you don't have room for much (any?) magic, right? This may be the reason why you found the Hell Cannon didn't work so well. Also, remember if you play an aggressive style the Hell Cannon may well get fewer opportune shots.