PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way...

Foxtrick
15-02-2012, 10:21
of being able to tell apart if the Lizardmen I want to buy on eBay are the current miniatures and not older style ones that I probably don't want?

Suppose its the problem of being new and not buying from GW themselves to be assured.

At the moment I'm at the mercy of peoples descriptions but some people don't mention things like this and in fact teeter on being confusing !

Sorry to be a pain :)

Whaagnomore
15-02-2012, 11:32
Well, usually there's pictures of models people are selling on eBay, the pictures on GW:s site are all the new versions, cross-reference between the two and try to look for differences. Also be on the lookout for mixed units (for instance a 50/50 mix of new and old templeguard.) But I suppose the easiest way is simply asking if said models are the latest. If the provided pictures on eBay are of bad quality, simply ask for better pics. Feel scammed after buying minis on eBay?, give 1 star (or whatever one gives someone who deserves a low grade).

Any models in specific you are looking for?

Foxtrick
15-02-2012, 11:37
Hey Whaaagnomore - thanks for the reply.

Just Skinks and Saurus mainly, core units to start with :)

Kayosiv
15-02-2012, 11:46
The oldschool Saurus have round (like perfectly round, circular) shields while the new ones have crescent shaped shields.

The old skinks have shortbows and are metal while the new skinks are plastic and are armed with either javelins or blowpipes.

N810
15-02-2012, 14:02
also there are also old plastic short bow skinks, thse units aren't availabele in the current book.

Foxtrick
15-02-2012, 14:25
Thanks for that. Could have been caught out on both!

Coatl
16-02-2012, 02:59
The oldschool Saurus have round (like perfectly round, circular) shields while the new ones have crescent shaped shields.

The old skinks have shortbows and are metal while the new skinks are plastic and are armed with either javelins or blowpipes.

The old metal skinks had Javelins and shield, while the plastic ones had the shortbows.

jtrowell
16-02-2012, 09:18
Note that the plastic skinks with shortbows (from the 5th edition starter box) are not too bad by themselves, and you can easily use them as skinks with blowpipes rule-wise, so if you find cheap set of them they can be a worthy purchase.