PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Blood Dragons

Buddha777
25-04-2006, 06:24
I've been playing 40k for a few years now and I keep getting drawn to fantasy. This is my first attempt at a Blood Dragon list so please rip it apart.

Lord: 504
Blood Dragon Vampire Count
Level 2
Red Fury
Heart Piercing
Ring Of The Night
Wristbands of Black Gold
Lance
Shield
Winged Nightmare
504 Points

Heroes: 367
Necromancer (goes with skellie unit 1)
Level 2
Black Periapt
115 Points

Necromancer (goes with skellie unit 2)
Level 2
Power Familiar
150 Points

Vampire Thrall (goes with black knights)
Lance
Heavy Armor
Shield
Nightmare W/ Barding
102 Points

Core: 504
20 Skeletons
Standard Bearer
Musician
Spears
Shields
204 Points

20 Skeletons
Standard Bearer
Musician
Spears
Shields
204 Points

12 Ghouls
96 Points

Special: 624
20 Grave Guard
Standard Bearer
Musician
Shields
278 Points

10 Black Knights
Barding
Standard Bearer
266 Points

4 Fell Bats
80 Points

Total: 1999

WLBjork
25-04-2006, 07:32
What is it with folks not taking Musicians? These are essential for an Undead army given how their break tests work.

I honestly don't think 6 Black Knights will do much. They cannot be replaced once killed, and they are vulnerable to War Machine fire.

I don't think having the General on a winged Nightmare is a good idea either. You want him in the center of the army so that the army can make March moves, so by the time he makes a move you'd be in charge range anyway.

vincengetorix
25-04-2006, 11:37
What is it with folks not taking Musicians? These are essential for an Undead army given how their break tests work.

Yup, take the musician.

I don't think having the General on a winged Nightmare is a good idea either. You want him in the center of the army so that the army can make March moves, so by the time he makes a move you'd be in charge range anyway.

There's nothing stopping the winged nightmare from supporting the march move for a turn or two and then maneuvering from a flank. That said I tend to put him in a unit myself.

My main criticism of your list is that it doesn't have enough magic. You don't neccessarily need to go with 12 power dice or anything, but your list as it stands is going to have trouble even keepiong the skellies up to par, letalone laying down any sort of covering fire. I think you'd be well served to lose either the thrall or the wight lord and add another Lvl2 caster.

You may also find that the wolves are not as hot as the high movement might lead you to believe. I'd stick with a bats and ghouls. I'd also likely find the points to buy a magic standard for the GG, but thats more a matter of taste I suppose. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Cheers

Buddha777
25-04-2006, 20:46
Thank you very much for the comments. I made a fair amount of changes. Added musicians to the skellie units, exchanged a wight for a necromancer, and beefed up the blalck knight unit along with several other chnages. Hows it look now?

Danger Rat
28-04-2006, 11:42
Id put the vampire count on a barded nightmare and put him in with the black knights and spend some of the points saved on the banner of the barrows on the knights as there biggest weakness is there low ws, hitting on 3's makes a massive difference esp on the charge. Id also increase the fell bats to 5 it make them very good for getting rid of gun crews and small units of skirmishers. Id also buy some dispel scrolls for your necromancers. Other than that it looks a good list.