PDA

View Full Version : Double Corpse Cart ASF

Gooner
17-02-2012, 15:56
Hey, I searched for this and nothing came up.

If I choose to take two corpse carts and place them behind my horde of grave guard then they would both lose ASL and gain ASF because they are effected by two carts. The wording says nothing like it does with the mortis engine so I cannot see why this wouldnt work. I played a game last night and my opponent was unsure if it was legit. We check the book and the wording regarding ASL+ASF seems to point to the fact the first will cancel ASL and the second give ASF.

Its 180 points worth of carts jsut to give one unit ASF and then when they overrun they are out of range. I dont see why it not fair.

Mid'ean
17-02-2012, 16:26
ASF dosen't stack. ASl + ASF + ASF +ASF.....etc etc = strike at Int.

hamsterwheel
17-02-2012, 17:00
ASF dosen't stack. ASl + ASF + ASF +ASF.....etc etc = strike at Int.

Just to back up Mid'ean, he's 100% correct.

Hell Storm
17-02-2012, 17:17
The reason for this is because unless specifically stated otherwise, you cannot have a rule more than once. When you have ASL and then gain ASF, you don't lose both rules. You instead just don't get the benefits or penalties from either. (exception High Elves, but that's a whole different story)

Korraz
17-02-2012, 19:33
You can have the same rule more than once, but it doesn't do anything.

Akkristor
17-02-2012, 20:02
Also, if you have ASL and you gain ASF, you don't 'lose' ASL. You still have it.

Lord Inquisitor
17-02-2012, 20:07
We had this come up recently. The most stacking we managed was a Vampire with Quickening and a great weapon affected by both a corpse cart and a thundertusk. We came to the same conclusion, however many times you have the rules, if you have ASF and ASL they cancel out.