PDA

View Full Version : Gnoblar Trappers and Overrun

Aschen
18-02-2012, 03:35
Having an argument with a friend over Gnoblar Trappers special rule activating when a unit overruns into them

I believe that it would activate, as the brb says the overruners charge into new units

He does not believe they would activate as it is not a charge during the charge phase. We'd like some help in resoloving the question. Please give page refrences if you can. Thank you

T10
18-02-2012, 10:10
Overrunning or pursuing into a new enemy counts as charging. See p. 58.

herohammer
18-02-2012, 23:36
The gnoblar trapper rule says nothing about what phase the charge has to occur in. Anytime something charges into their front that unit takes a dangerous terrain test.

Another thing with the trappers that confuses people is that any unit that has a special rule that makes them not take dangerous terrain tests from terrain will still take the trapper test since they are not terrain; they simply force the test to occur under certain circumstances. The biggest example of this coming into play is with ethereal units which as it stands right now probably do have to test if they charge gnoblar trappers. the ethereal rule makes them not take dangerous terrain tests from dangerous terrain, it does not make them never have to take the test. That being said, lorewise the gnoblar's rule represent a bunch of nets and traps and stuff that clearly aren't meant to be magical and so they shouldn't have any effect on ethereals in lore terms.

The bearded one
19-02-2012, 02:09
Overrunning or pursuing into a new enemy counts as charging. See p. 58.

This.

It's the very sentence I was thinking of when I read the title :)

shadow hunter
21-02-2012, 22:00
Another thing with the trappers that confuses people is that any unit that has a special rule that makes them not take dangerous terrain tests from terrain will still take the trapper test since they are not terrain; they simply force the test to occur under certain circumstances. The biggest example of this coming into play is with ethereal units which as it stands right now probably do have to test if they charge gnoblar trappers. the ethereal rule makes them not take dangerous terrain tests from dangerous terrain, it does not make them never have to take the test. That being said, lorewise the gnoblar's rule represent a bunch of nets and traps and stuff that clearly aren't meant to be magical and so they shouldn't have any effect on ethereals in lore terms.

Not so much confused, but not seen how their rule was wrote and I wondered if ethereal was effected or not. I wasn't convinced by the way it was worded (ethereal) that it would avoid damage from traps.