PDA

View Full Version : What kind of HQ would you like to be?

Vanger
25-04-2006, 11:37
The question is simple. Which HQ character would you like to be?

Edit:
Sorry, but the poll can support only 10 choices.

Captain Ardias
25-04-2006, 11:40
Chapter master.

Darkseer
25-04-2006, 11:41
Ork Big Mek.

I wouldn't have to buy a car, I could just make one.

Rabid Bunny 666
25-04-2006, 11:42
well, a bit odd, but a Guardsman Sergeant in a Command HQ, knowing that there was always a more important sod nearby attracting the Bullets, and that i could not be held responsible for a catastrophic defeat as i am a little man in the Chain of Command

Adept
25-04-2006, 11:43
Imperial Guard senior officer. I get to sit in the command bunker sipping tea while the grunts are miles away doing the fighting.

Nathaniel
25-04-2006, 11:44
I'd enjoy the survivability of being a Tau Commander.

ZAChos
25-04-2006, 12:06
All about inquisitor lords. Smacky smacky intrigue money. Its a good life.

Nork Deddog
25-04-2006, 12:09
Quite simple, an Imperial Guard senior officer because i'm not a mutated creature, paranoid psyker, fish with legs, superhuman or a ugly monstrosity but me a human.

Tarquinn
25-04-2006, 12:11
Some kind of Imperial Guard general, or even better a general's aide or part of his tactical staff. This almost assures that I will never have to engage the enemy and can stay safely in some sort of HQ bunker, hotel, castle or mansion.

Blessed Knight
25-04-2006, 12:11
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh....

Venomizer
25-04-2006, 12:12
Necron Lord.....give me a warscythe and a couple of other toys and I'd be perfectly happy

Vicious
25-04-2006, 12:20
Most likely a hive tyrant:)
The benefits of a bug life would be endless...i.e If anyone annoys you just spit acid in their face!

squigsnok
25-04-2006, 12:36
Most likely a hive tyrant:)
The benefits of a bug life would be endless...i.e If anyone annoys you just spit acid in their face!

And i hear their pension scheme is good too.

I'd be an Ork painboss. The ability to fix anyone's injuries, no matter how major, with a large hammer and a donor squig brain has got to be good. And having cyborks as bodyguards would rock because they're T5... :D

Eduard
25-04-2006, 12:40
A guard officer ofcourse. Probably with an artillery battery, because thats what i'm going to be in Real Life anyway.

Death Cat
25-04-2006, 12:42
I would like to be a regimental commanders batman.

Kahadras
25-04-2006, 12:44
Space Marine Chaplain. For the Emperor and all of that. Followed by lots of mindless violence to whoever gets in my way. Plus the gear that they get as standard is really cool; 4+ invunerable save? Yes please.

Kahadras

The Emperor
25-04-2006, 12:50
Inquisitor Lord, definitely. When you've got Exterminatus at your disposal, is there really any other choice? ;) I would've picked Space Marine Commander, but damn it, I like women to much. And as far as I know, Inquisitors can still get some. :p

Chaos and Evil
25-04-2006, 12:51
I'd be the guy in my avatar picture... An Elysian Drop Trooper General!

AmKhaibitu
25-04-2006, 12:53
Necron Lord, nothing quite like being able to live effectively forever.

Luke
25-04-2006, 12:57
Ork Warboss! No question. I would get to be 15 foot tall and be covered in head to toe with thick bulging super strong muscle. I would spend my day eating slaves and drinking fungus brew and anytime where I wasn't filling my face would be spent fighting and having a laugh with my mates.

And if I die? Doesnt matter because I will come back in another body and take my revenge on whoever killed me.

:D

minibutmighty
25-04-2006, 13:04
I would love to be a Farseer, if only for the purpose of winning the lottery :)

lord_blackfang
25-04-2006, 13:08
A C'Tan. Live forever and claim you had a hand in any major galactic event!

Revlid
25-04-2006, 13:08
Radical Inquisitor Lord. A shop short-changed me? Exterminatus. Someone owes me some money? Convince the Relictors that he's harbouring daemon weapons. It's all for the good of the Emperor.

joshypoo
25-04-2006, 14:47
deffinitly some senior gaurd officer, i'd still like to be able to do what humans do after smacking things around with my power fist.

Wraithbored
25-04-2006, 14:52
A Farseer you get to be old, wear freaky clothing have "mind" powers, and an entire craftworld's arsenal at my disposal because I just dropped some runes onto the floor.:D Yes that would be very cool.

Gae'Mot
25-04-2006, 15:12
Power: C'tan.
Fun: Big bad orky warboss.

russian
25-04-2006, 15:17
Inquisitor Lord,(ordo Herticus) get to do old school your a witch(que monthy python) stuff, and wht you say goes

(Evil)Ash
25-04-2006, 15:26
Yeah, being a C'tan would be nice, but I guess being nearly invincible would get a bit boring.

so I voted Inquisitor Lord (witchhunter). you get all the nice cool toys, get a chance to destroy a complete population of a planet and if you have any problems with your colleges you just accuse them of being Radical (thus a heretic) and start a good witchhunt. the clothes are cool, not to mention the fact that you'ld be surrounded by chicks with guns all the time :D I know I will always deploy next to a unit of sister repentia (they they're a good and fast meatshield and provide a great view).

greetz,:evilgrin:

BloodiedSword
25-04-2006, 23:54
I'd be a Daemon Prince.. eternal servitude to the Dark Gods is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be - you get to be immortal, you can't be killed, only banished temporarily to the warp, you don't have to worry about material power or even ambition - you can just dip in to the world and revel in the bloodshed.

The only problem is getting there..

Da Reddaneks
26-04-2006, 01:33
Boss Snikrot ... he is not the most powerful or flamboyant of orks but he is really cool. The "Rambo" or orks. Of course i am sure that all other orks would hate his guts because of his unorky ways but he is definitely cool and would be a phenomenally dangerous guy.

Alco Engineer
26-04-2006, 01:45
I'd go for the Farseer, I could see into the future and see that winning the lottery isn't the greatest thing for me.

I could Also look into the future and find where I left my car keys/wallet/mobile phone.

Plus you'd have the repect of all of your underlings in the craftworld and could help pick out sacrifices to become the bloody handed God of War to help repell those blasted Mon-keigh and their ever expanding universe.

It'd also be cool to have your job simply being to sit around and space out simply to consider the "what if's?" of the universe.......much like being an Arts student I suppore :evilgrin:

starlight
26-04-2006, 02:20
By the Authority of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind......:D

All the toys, toys and girls you could ever want.:D

But then he did only eke out the Warboss by a smidgen, mostly on lifespan and....well....girls.:D

Long_Fang
26-04-2006, 02:26
Considering I would not be fighting 100% of the time I'd say Tau Commander. Tau seem to have a nice life outside of battle, while space marines JUST train and pray, while guardsmen just die.

And those suits are really awesome.

C. Langana
26-04-2006, 02:51
Commissar at some large HQ, lots of intrigue, cups of tea and so on.

squigsnok
26-04-2006, 02:59
Actually i changed my mind. From "painboss" i've decided to shimmy up in the pecking order a bit. My "other" vote still stands though.

I wanna be Gork. Huge, green, cunningly brutal AND the ability to stand on anyone i dont like monty-python style.

Chainsworded Codpiece
26-04-2006, 03:27
Astartes Chaplain. I talk too much as it is, it'd be great to just ad-lib sermons in the midst of horrific carnage.

But not for one of those stick-up-the-butt Chapters like the BTs. Nor, Gods almighty, some booooring Guilliman-inspired "Franchise Chapter".

No, it'd have to be a bunch with a really messed up paint scheme and heraldry. And not over-reliant on goofy fetishistic ritual like, y'know, fighting fair...or sparing the Mere Citizens from our thunderous volley of HEAP autocannon rounds and bolter fire...y'know I could dig the Marines Malevolent if they looked more like the Howling Griffons or the (Badab War) Minotaurs.

"Hey, the mission directives said 'Smash any active resistance to re-installation of Imperial Power in the capitol city". It didn't say we had to keep the f@kking peasants alive during the firefight. They just got in the way, man. You wanna smooth evacuation of non-military personnel, that's what the Arbites and the Guard are for-

"What? They were all killed, too? Well, damn. That's rough. Well, ya roost in a bulldog's kennel, you're gonna get bit."

"So. Who's for gettin' back to the homeworld? Praise the Primarch, ramalamadingdong, bless Mama Bolter and Papa Poweraxe, adios."

emperorattack
26-04-2006, 05:11
Imperial guard warmaster I would control so many men

Buddha777
26-04-2006, 06:11
I would defenitley be a space marine librarian. I am all for the superhuman powers but being a libraian puts you one step on the coolness scale. I love the idea of defending holy terra with my mind and force staff rather than a bolter.

Warp_touched
26-04-2006, 06:20
Farseer for me, being able to pick up guys with my mind and whip them into walls whenever Im bored or angered. Which, from the sounds of Eldar craftworlds...Would be alot..

DraXaus
26-04-2006, 06:20
(Other) Tank Commander

swamp_slug
26-04-2006, 10:53
Tau Commander definitely,
I want a shiny new battlesuit!

Eblis_Dead_Forever
26-04-2006, 11:53
Ork speed freak war boss you get all the joys of being an ork warboss and get to go dead fast as well on your bike with twin linked big shotta's DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA what more could any ork ask for :D. Apart from being Gork.

Alaryel
26-04-2006, 12:13
I will definitively be an Enslaver :
http://uk.games-workshop.com/chapterapproved/creature-feature/2/

This way I could force GW to change the eldar codex the way I want it to change :D

Achilles
26-04-2006, 12:18
Other: A Rogue Trader... to Boldly go Where no Man has gone before... :D
we get the protection of the Imperium, but with loads of freedom... and im still as human as can be...

Barbarossa
26-04-2006, 12:27
C'tan all the way. Immortal, demi-god and NOT dependent on the whims of some insane chaos deity. Then I'd put myself in the guise of a human gouvernor and have all the fun that I want.

Da Reddaneks
26-04-2006, 13:02
I wanna be Gork. Huge, green, cunningly brutal AND the ability to stand on anyone i dont like monty-python style.

dang! that was a good answer!!!!! i wish i had thought of it! Gork would kick C'Tans a$$. and that is why Squigsnok fits into the real ork catagory. While other orks dream of being a warboss he aspires to be Gork!

after reading his post i started to put down that i would claim Mork, but that would just sound too lame now as i would be obviously just stealing the idea. i am humbled. damn him.

so i will just change my answer to ... "Warbozzhogg." Leader of Da Reddaneks!

The boyz
26-04-2006, 13:29
I would probably like to be some kind of Imperial Guard general or a space marine Chapter Master. Both of these sound quite appealing to me.

inq.serge
26-04-2006, 15:03
an inq.lord, then i can kick people in the groin and get away with it!

Messiah
26-04-2006, 15:36
Id say Tau commander, seems they live the most liveable lives in WH40k..

Bingo the Fun Monkey
26-04-2006, 16:05
I'd rather be the vindicare templar that blows all the above's brain's to bits.

god octo
26-04-2006, 19:00
like inq.serge said, i want to be an inquis. lord. You could burn peeple you dont like and just say they were heretics. the possibilities are endless.....:D

RampagingRavener
26-04-2006, 19:39
I'm plumping for a Dark Eldar Haemonculus. You just get to spend all day pottering about the lab, learning to perfect your arts while any actual physical work can just be done by the Grotesques loitering about. The closest thing to actually working would be accompanying the occasional slave raid to capture a batch of new subjects. :p

gathering_darkness
26-04-2006, 19:55
Heh, definatly a demon Prince. Live forever, get to do whatever you want to, kill anyone who annoys ya, and shape an entire world to my every whim, yep, i could definatly live with that :)

Norminator
26-04-2006, 20:05
Tau commander, I've always wanted to be a tau. Plus they get loads of new gear nowadays!

Getz
26-04-2006, 20:09
However Tempting it is to be a Tau commander and get my very own battlesuit... I think I'd rather be an Inquistor - and then use my authority to stay in orbit while the wars are going on...

Dakkagor
26-04-2006, 20:18
Ork warlord. Just get a bunch of your mates together, slam into the marine battleline, and just tear them a new one for the hell of it. Pure physical power. I'd also love the sensation of actually twisting someones head of at the spine then throwing it away laughing, especially a space marine.

But, A tau with their spangly crisis suits would also be awesome.

Marshal Draziel
26-04-2006, 21:33
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh OR Tzeentch...

Slaanesh because there is lust and pleasure

Tzeentch: Knowledge about everything and your bodyguard would do nicely as an ashtray!!

Yorkiebar
26-04-2006, 21:44
Space Marine Librarian, because you get all the fancy Space Marine implants, you can use psychic powers and you know a lot. Sure, Chaos Sorcerers are probably more powerful, but you'd get horribly mutated over time and probably pretty insane as well.

EDIT: Maybe an Inquisitor Lord would be better - no implants but also no being brainwashed into worshipping the Emperor.

Toppan
26-04-2006, 21:46
a feral ork wyrdboy
a guy is annoying the hell outta me? dont worry, gork'll get em
need to clear traffic? some vomit coming your way
doesnt work? send your brute bodyguards to deal with it
attacked by demons from the warp? take some advil

Lostanddamned
26-04-2006, 21:51
Kroot Master Shaper.

Thats a nice peice of kit, *yoink*

plus I get to pretend to be predator.

wharris1
26-04-2006, 22:18
I'm going with a high ranking imperial gaurd commader.

1. Unlikely to die
2. Still human
3. Possibility of hanging out in a levithan command jobby
4. Exelent facial hair possibilities

Xak_Rampayge
27-04-2006, 06:03
Inquisitor Lord's are grrreat....sorry...frosted flakes...so...tempting...mmmm

Xak_Rampayge
27-04-2006, 06:05
I'm going with a high ranking imperial gaurd commader.

1. Unlikely to die
2. Still human
3. Possibility of hanging out in a levithan command jobby
4. Exelent facial hair possibilities

wow after that was brought to my attention...I may have to change my vote, facial hair is always a sign of a strong man...

major_panic
27-04-2006, 06:51
Grey Knight Grand Master... simply cause the armour's nifty and you get a damned huge, powerful sword AND a sick-looking storm bolter attached to your arm.

Mad_Max
27-04-2006, 08:46
Lord Commander

Bob Hunk
27-04-2006, 16:18
I'd be a Daemon Prince.. eternal servitude to the Dark Gods is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be - you get to be immortal, you can't be killed, only banished temporarily to the warp, you don't have to worry about material power or even ambition - you can just dip in to the world and revel in the bloodshed.

The only problem is getting there..

What he said. Also, in between battles you get to hang-out on a planet that is shaped by your every whim - plus you could meet some of the still-living Primarchs! :D
As long as you don't do anything retarded (e.g. try and challenge the Chaos Gods), you're sitting pretty until the end of time. ;)

Lord-Warlock
27-04-2006, 16:23
Oooh, tough question. Either Ork Warboss or Daemon Prince, just for the freedom of it. Come to think of it Daemon Princes can get bound (just ask Cherubael) so probably Ork Warboss. More fun too...

- LoW

Okuto
27-04-2006, 17:39
hmmm...hard choice, I wouldn't want to be a space marine, that's for sure! that'd be a boring life.....

I wouldn't want to be a Imperial general, too stressful and commissars are looking over my back....

I think I'd be happy to be a Human commander under the Tau empire, no commissars to worry about and it's "less chaotic"...
Or I'd be a inquisitor cause I can get away with tons of stuff

Biellan
27-04-2006, 18:16
Farseer definitely...you get to blow up the mind or zap anyone who gets on your nerves :p plus you get to look into the future and you are close enough to immortal as much as anyone can be.

Sandlemad
27-04-2006, 19:22
I second Kroot Master Shaper!

You can fight and be a scientist. See the galaxy and haggle over your going price. And being a mercenary, you don't hold or make grudges. You're a free man...Kroot.

Adept
27-04-2006, 19:33
I wouldn't want to be a Imperial general, too stressful and commissars are looking over my back....

Heh, my first act as an Imperial general would be to have all the Commissars rounded up and shot.

Mr. Shadowsun
27-04-2006, 20:25
nightbringer, you get a ruddy big scythe

Velkyn Kyil
27-04-2006, 20:46
Farseer, just for the chance to predict my future.

Kasrkin 666
27-04-2006, 21:39
Inquisitor Lord all the way!:D He can pretty much be all those HQ's.:evilgrin:
-666:wtf:

Frecus
27-04-2006, 21:44
I was thinking: A hot canoness, but after reading some of these, a Slaanesh Daemon prince offers so much more possibility!:D

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Rypher
27-04-2006, 23:52
Necron lord, no destroyer body.
Revive my troops, shock anything that touches me, get to be a phazy figure, and can ignore invurnable saves? hehehehe.

or dump that and get to warp around...i'll keep my choice above.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
28-04-2006, 00:16
Daemon Prince undivided... can choose which side of the star I want to follow each morning when I rise, got to be the best option. :)

chabamkazam
28-04-2006, 00:24
Imperial Guard Artillery division commander... Oh its gotta be fun to push a button and know you killed 10000000 tyranids just because you could

Scorpio
28-04-2006, 00:28
Warboss because all you have to do is fight and stomp on smaller Orks:D !!

-Scorpio

Frankly
28-04-2006, 00:48
I think I'm a Blood Thirster after a few beers.

GT Templar
28-04-2006, 01:28
I gotta go with a Witchhunter Inquisitor Lord. Nobody dares deny your every whim if you can destroy their entire world with on phone call.:D

squigsnok
28-04-2006, 02:38
I gotta go with a Witchhunter Inquisitor Lord. Nobody dares deny your every whim if you can destroy their entire world with on phone call.:D

...But people still deny George Bush his every whim... :D

"no George, we cant go out to play, this is a UN Peace Summit..."

:p

der_Kommissar
28-04-2006, 02:55
I want to be a commissar with command privelages.

They get the coolest uniforms. :D :D :D :D

*nods to my avatar*

Wolf Sgt Kirke
28-04-2006, 09:54
Commisar-General sounds good to me, then i could execute anyone who disagreed with my battle plans:evilgrin:

plus I'd look damn fine in a black leather storm coat:evilgrin: :evilgrin:

dodo129
28-04-2006, 11:23
eldar avatar. 'nuff said.

Stormwarningz
28-04-2006, 12:15
Space Marine Librarian
Physicy power goodness.

hivefleetcarrion
28-04-2006, 14:57
sorry, i just gota do the winged hive tyrant with all the tricks.....that or a c-tan

DrDoom
28-04-2006, 19:35
Daemon Prince Undivided.

15 feet tall, able to tear tanks and space marines in half AND vomit acidic bile...what's not to like?

xibo
28-04-2006, 21:56
grotz, or a consicript. In the beginning noone will care for me - less than ever the enemy. After the first contact to the enemy, i will hide in cover and watch the battle pass over... and after the battle is over noone will call me a coward or heretic, because noone will remember i ever existed :P

childofnurgle
30-04-2006, 13:08
Daemon Prince of Nurgle,

Well I might as well learn to embrace my sickness.........!

Philhelm
30-04-2006, 17:37
Veteran sergeant of a hardened veterans squad. Armed with a lasgun and maybe a laspistol too.

TeldurUK
30-04-2006, 21:29
Tough one...

I went Tau Commander. The idea of riding around in a big mech blasting everything is amazing. Especally if its Shadowsun's suit :)

Despoiler
01-05-2006, 00:47
Quote: Originally Posted by GT Templar
I gotta go with a Witchhunter Inquisitor Lord. Nobody dares deny your every whim if you can destroy their entire world with on phone call.

...But people still deny George Bush his every whim...

"no George, we cant go out to play, this is a UN Peace Summit..."

consider it sigged:D

anyway i would be the Emperor himself (of course i would him before his run in with Horus when he was kicking @55 other wise i would be a guy hooked up to the industrial sized life support machine for the past few millenia while my mechanical aides work out how to make me not so... lifeless).

kleomenes
01-05-2006, 01:07
A crooked Inquisitor Lord! "I was going to call an exterminatus on your planet but for a few dollars..."

Stormwarningz
01-05-2006, 13:51
I hear that. I gotta pick her up at some point.

Flame Boy
01-05-2006, 14:24
I'm also going for Necron Lord. Alive for untold millions of years, in command of legions of fellow metallic warriors incapable of dissent and therefore utterly loyal, and armed with an unshakable goal that will drive me on forever. No sickness, no indecision. No-one would command me bar my patron star god.

Mind you, if it was possible for a Necron to get bored, all that would be utter agony. :p

Scythe
01-05-2006, 14:47
Tau commander. Carefully avoiding enemies with a jet pack and blasting the **** out of them with plasma weaponry seems ideal to me. I would also be able to quit after a few years if I felt like it.

Or the boring option: C'tan. Powerfull, immortal, jada jada.