PDA

View Full Version : Wood armylist (only names of units)

Wood Eater Ressurected
05-06-2005, 09:48
LORDS

Highborn
Spellweaver
Treeman Anchient (fs)

HEROES

Branchwraith (fs)
Spellsinger
Noble

CORE

Glade guard (upgrade to scouts)
Glade riders
Eternal guard (if army led by highborn, otherwise special)
Dryads (fs)

SPECIAL

Wadancer Troupe
Warhawk riders
Wild riders of Kurnous (fs)
Treekin (fs)

RARE

Treeman (fs)
Waywatchers
Great Eagle (one per slot)

Il Magno
05-06-2005, 10:08
sorry for the stupid question, but were is gone the other topic? Was it deleted?

warsmith
05-06-2005, 11:56
hi Wood Eater Ressurected

want to ask do lord or hero getting Kindreds of Wardencer Kindreds, Eternal Kindreds, The Alter Kondreds, Wild Rider Kindreds can buy a LONG BOW?

do they can buy a great weapon?

Thomas

Xxcha
05-06-2005, 12:16
Are there any restrictions on any of the units like 0-1

Seer Vansqueek
05-06-2005, 16:16
I'm almost sure there aren't any 0-1 restrictions. Also all Elven characters in the army start with a longbow, and You can take any kindred and great weapon there aren't any restrictions ;)

Feel free to ask any questions about new WE, cos I know quite a lot from a very reliable source ;)

warsmith
05-06-2005, 16:22
lord or hero getting Kindreds of Wardencer Kindreds( only wardancer weapon), Eternal Kindreds, The Alter Kondreds, Wild Rider Kindreds ( spear and light amour)
so. i ask can they use this kindreds, so ask can buy a LONG BOW?

for e.g can wardancer hero buy a long bow and later buy a hail of doom? the case same as wild rider .....

Regards
Thomas

Galonthar
05-06-2005, 16:39
for e.g can wardancer hero buy a long bow and later buy a hail of doom? the case same as wild rider .....

Regards
Thomas

I think that the wardancers cannot buy bows / ranged weapons,... they`re a pure CC unit,....not a bunch of archers,.. and it isn`t possible in the "old" rules

Are there any restrictions on any of the units like 0-1?

maybe the eternal guard?,.. don`t forget they are likely a sort of "elite" unit in the WE society

warsmith
05-06-2005, 17:28
I think that the wardancers cannot buy bows / ranged weapons,... they`re a pure CC unit,....not a bunch of archers,.. and it isn`t possible in the "old" rules

maybe the eternal guard?,.. don`t forget they are likely a sort of "elite" unit in the WE society

Hey, thats why i ask, can wild hunt buy a long bow!!!!!!

Wood elves do not have any units have 0-1

Xxcha
05-06-2005, 21:09
I don't suppose anyone Knows if the WE magic items will be better value for money like the HE.

Wood Eater Ressurected
05-06-2005, 21:09
no lb for dancers and wild hunt. And for dancer's kindred too

Aeris Green Finger
06-06-2005, 07:34
you say eternal guard are core if HIGHBORN is there what if its a noble
and could you verafy which models are metal and which are plastic

Wood Eater Ressurected
06-06-2005, 09:37
only Highborn

shutupSHUTUP!!!
07-06-2005, 01:13
Discount magic items was a HE thing, DE don't get it so I don't see WE getting it either.

Galonthar
07-06-2005, 13:07
Discount magic items was a HE thing, DE don't get it so I don't see WE getting it either.

hm...
a friend of mine play the HE,.. but I`ve never read something in his army book that was about a discount on their items,.... could sb plz explain it?

Odin
07-06-2005, 13:11
a friend of mine play the HE,.. but I`ve never read something in his army book that was about a discount on their items,.... could sb plz explain it?

The common magic items are cheaper for High Elves, and the High-Elf-only items are cheaper than you would expect for similar items in other lists.

Galonthar
07-06-2005, 13:13
hmm thx....

gotta check that the next time I see a HE armybook

malisteen
09-06-2005, 00:43
according to rumors, normal elven heroes will come with longbows automatically and will be able to take a number of differant weapons, including great weapons.

However, some of the kindreds come with restricted item selections. As far as I remember:

scout kindred: no great weapons

wardancer kindred: get wardancer weapons for free. cannot have armor, cannot have other weapons except for magical wardancer weapons

wild rider kindred: come with spear and light armor (no longbow). Cannot have other weapons or armor other then a magic spear or magic armor.

At least those are the rumors I've heard concerning kindreds and equipment. These rumors may be wrong, and other kindreds may also have differant equipment options. I hope this helps you plan your conversions.

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 11:35
I don't suppose anyone Knows if the WE magic items will be better value for money like the HE.
No. Ofen worser than all other races.

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 11:38
EG are metal, longbows are included in pointcoast of mages and heroes.

Brandir
13-06-2005, 11:47
...could you verafy which models are metal and which are plastic

PLASTIC
Glade Guard (box of 16)
Dryads (box of 12)
Glade Riders (box of 8)

METAL
Everything else

Hope this helps!

Sauron90
14-06-2005, 13:50
isent dryads only core if you take a treeman as general? why else is there a point of taking a treeman general?

Avian
14-06-2005, 13:55
Twice the Toughness of an Elf general? ;)

warsmith
14-06-2005, 14:16
2 bound spell of tree singing.. and subb LD9

Odin
14-06-2005, 15:07
100 points of Spites?

e.g. An annoyance of Netlings (6 to hit in a challenge), Murder of Spites (D6 S2 poisoned attacks), Lamentation of Despairs (assassinate low-Ld characters) and Muster of Malevolents (D6 S2 poisoned shots, 6"range, stand & shoot). That's one pretty powerful beastie.

Nazguire
17-06-2005, 10:12
100 points of Spites?

e.g. An annoyance of Netlings (6 to hit in a challenge), Murder of Spites (D6 S2 poisoned attacks), Lamentation of Despairs (assassinate low-Ld characters) and Muster of Malevolents (D6 S2 poisoned shots, 6"range, stand & shoot). That's one pretty powerful beastie.

And also pretty bloody expensive..nothing that a good Fire based spell won't fix :evilgrin: