PDA

View Full Version : is this what i suspect it is...

cool-kid-on-the-block
28-02-2012, 22:44
here's a question for you...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1070141

in the blurb for the metal catachan special weapons it says that there is 3 possible variants and 1 is with a grenade launcher.
now iv'e never seen a metal male catachan with a grenade launcher model and Google made it look like one doesn't exist.
does this mean that it is the female catachan model still available and you may get it random of you buy enough of these guys?

I hope so.

could someone please help clarify this for me.

cheers.

Fawful
28-02-2012, 23:04
That might be so. I would e-mail Gw just to be sure, otherwise you could end up with quite a few catachans with flamers and meltas. It's still a nice model, just a shame that they put it in a random blister. Not knowing what you're buying is bad business.

Chem-Dog
28-02-2012, 23:06
Yeah, she shows up quite a lot in those blisters, my local GW had loads of them last time I was looking in that general area.

Angelwing
29-02-2012, 01:56
The female 'nade launcher is in the random blister.

ss_cherubael
29-02-2012, 04:00
yep random blister, drop into a store and have a look or ring direct and get the guys to specifically find one for you

cool-kid-on-the-block
29-02-2012, 11:26
fantastic i might just do that

Gen.Steiner
29-02-2012, 12:49
I have three or four; one of whom got chopped in half for an Escher conversion to give my gang another special weapon option. ;)

They're not hard to find. Lovely model, too - one of the few female guard models and of African ethnic descent as well (look at the features).

ColShaw
29-02-2012, 13:56
She always reminded me of Vasquez from Aliens. Always liked that model (I have one).

AndrewGPaul
29-02-2012, 16:19
They're not hard to find. Lovely model, too - one of the few female guard models and of African ethnic descent as well (look at the features).

Mine isn't. :)

For all that people on the internet told me she was available in blister packs, I never saw one. Took me ages to get one from someone on TMP.

Gen.Steiner
29-02-2012, 16:50
Really? I've had all of mine through blister pack purchases... usually with a flamer toting Catachan (irritating, I wanted meltas or plasma really - typical).

Spider-pope
29-02-2012, 17:19

For all that people on the internet told me she was available in blister packs, I never saw one. Took me ages to get one from someone on TMP.

That is an example of Sod's Law in effect. You wanted the model, so naturally you couldn't find it. Everyone else wasn't too bothered, so naturally they ended up with loads.

Gen.Steiner
29-02-2012, 22:23
To be fair, after I got my first one, I went around various GWs scouring their blister packs for the GL woman. She's so useful! Goes together with Rocket Girl perfectly, too.

Grimmeth
02-03-2012, 11:22
I thought the Catachan Female with Grenade Launcher model was mean to be limited edition? I've still got one knocking around somewhere in it's original blister - if it isn't I might just paint it up now...

Gen.Steiner
02-03-2012, 11:34
I thought that originally too, but I have so many of them...!

FashaTheDog
02-03-2012, 15:25

Clearly the reason you couldn't find her was that everyone else was hording the blisters that include her. :p

AndrewGPaul
02-03-2012, 23:49
I thought the Catachan Female with Grenade Launcher model was mean to be limited edition? I've still got one knocking around somewhere in it's original blister - if it isn't I might just paint it up now...

It was originally - only available at Games Day 1995 or 6 if you spent over a certain amount (one penny more than a Necromunda gang, whatever they cost at first. I kicked myself for years for not buying an Escher gang and a paint to get one).