Banner
Banner of Enternal Flames

5 Glade Riders

Special:
5 Tree Kins

Rare:
Great Eagles

Great Eagles

So, the idea is you have the 50 gg in two ranks in front of the folding fortress. The two spell weavers and the bsb is in with the 50 gg. The 10 gg is in the folding fortress. The tree kins and dryads are on each side. So you just stand back and shoot, and you spell weavers will cast amber spear and dwellers below. Eagles and glade riders with noble go hunt war machines and redirect. When the enemy gets close to the 50 gg, the 10 gg moves behind the house and the 50 gg moves in. In there they are ld 10 stubborn with bsb. +1S and +1T, regrowth and flesh to stone helps the unit. In addition the level 4 beast can go to the little unit behind the house and turn into a big monster. Keep the 10 gg 6" behind the house so you can just reach it, and if there is a miscast it is not going to hit the house.

tmarichards
29-02-2012, 12:16
This is incredibly gimmicky, and I don't think it'll even work very well...

It also won't help you get better with the army at all. I think you'd be better off staying away from ideas like this and aiming for more constructive games, even if you do lose more.

Dreadlordpaul
29-02-2012, 12:23
it is also not nice to play against either

Morax
29-02-2012, 17:32
Your wizards are banking on certain spells, some of which you may not get. Sure you may automaticly get wyssians but flesh to stone, throne of vines, regrowth, and dwellers is by no means a sure thing with only 4 levels of life magic. You'd be better served with 2 level 3 life wizards and a single level 1 beasts. You would at least get all of the relevent spells almost every game.

That being said I doubt the list will work. Buildings are nice but not so game breaking as most people make them out to be. A solid general would focus everything he had on your redirectors/war machine hunters and just sit out of the 30 inch range of your longbows. That game would likely end with a massacre favoring your opponent as he has more the double the victory points you have since you would be likely to gain very few. The wood elves excel at out manauvering their opponents. If you want to win with them I would suggest you focus on this aspect of them and go from there.

ashe
01-03-2012, 02:02
wood elves can't have level 1 beast wizards and I don't think this list have a lot of potential against competitive army lists. Putting all your points in one unit is not the way wood elves do combat, first of all you become vulnerable to magic and artillery, second you make the game boring for you and your opponent. To be honest if someone try to play a boring list like this ageist me and I'm using my high elves I'll use Teclis without feeling bad for my enemy, or if I'm using my wood elves I'll bring out my tank dragon lord and fly him directly into the unit of 50 at the second round of combat and just thunderstomp them to death locking both mages into combat so they can't cast anything useful. Don't forget the building rules you can use only 10 models per level, meaning that you get only 10 shots if you put the big unit in the building, and don't forget glade guard are really bad in close combat so your chances of winning any rounds defending the fortress are close to zero.

medevilmike
02-03-2012, 00:36
I play woc, with third eye...I would be praying for you to roll and keep dwellers. just saying 50=25=dead

WizzyWarlock
02-03-2012, 06:48
You can't have that second banner on the Glade Guard, as only one unit of Glade Guard may have a magic banner.

Asuryan's Spear
03-03-2012, 18:07
In addition to whats already been said any deathstar with a decent save will walk through those shots. Chosen stars are common in my meta and i myself play PG or WL hordes. the weakness is that gg leave much to be desired in cc. if even a small amount of decent cc troops get through they will take that tower from you and upset the lynchpin of your entire battle plan. also you'd be suprised how little 50 shots do if your relying on them to do all the damage.

WizzyWarlock
03-03-2012, 19:37
In addition to whats already been said any deathstar with a decent save will walk through those shots. Chosen stars are common in my meta and i myself play PG or WL hordes. the weakness is that gg leave much to be desired in cc. if even a small amount of decent cc troops get through they will take that tower from you and upset the lynchpin of your entire battle plan. also you'd be suprised how little 50 shots do if your relying on them to do all the damage.

Meh. Just played a Watchtower scenario yesterday against Warriors of Chaos. The Wood Elves - unbuffed Glade Guard - stopped a unit of 18 Ogres followed by 20 Chaos Warriors from taking over the building. When they were finally wiped out (unit of 40) the last 2 Treekin came in and removed the last of the Chaos Warriors. Win for Wood Elves. I get so tired of reading all these negative posts about Wood Elves, how they can't do this and that if such and such is on the table. It's all rubbish.

That said, I wouldn't take a Folding Fortress purely because it stays in your deployment zone. I almost did for the battle yesterday - holding 2 fortresses would have been cool - until I realised that little rule, then decided against it. It would be so much better if the holder of the Fortress could move to a position and then deploy it, but as it is it's just too limited.