PDA

View Full Version : close combat marines

jp22102000
26-04-2006, 02:15
i am in the process of making a close combat space marine army and was wondering if there are any list that have the wolves as in the space wolf 13th company list. i will most likely using this list for my army but was wondering if there are any chapter approved list in a white dwarf somewhere. Another possibility im looking into is if there are any chaos chapters that get hounds as a choice that are out there. thanks for any help or suggestions

Jon_Irenicus
26-04-2006, 02:47
Wait - you want to use the 13th company list? Well, you don´t have to actually *use* hounds! With a little imagination, *hounds* become the Fantasy Chaos "big dogs" or even Bloodletters... just explain it to your opponent.

But nothing prevents you from representing them with, say, Dark Eldar Warp Beasts, and Wulfen with the metal possesed (although I wouldn´t touch them with a 10 feet stick).

Hope this helped!

jp22102000
26-04-2006, 03:17
thats pretty much what i planned on doing, using tigers instead of wolves for the whole chapter, although the 13th company list is rather limited IMO, reason for not wanting to use it. i had ideas of using regular marines and just picking traits to match my fluff, and using tigers as scout bikers. it would match somewhat, except for shooting. if i do that i would just never shoot with the bikers

Jon_Irenicus
26-04-2006, 03:28
What about.... taaa-daaa... Cybernetically enhanced Tigers? I´m sure I spotted some in my life. They could be carrying bolters or other weapons strapped onto their backs. Really, man, in modelling, the sky´s the limit.

jp22102000
26-04-2006, 03:44
What about.... taaa-daaa... Cybernetically enhanced Tigers? I´m sure I spotted some in my life. They could be carrying bolters or other weapons strapped onto their backs. Really, man, in modelling, the sky´s the limit.
i actually thought about doing that :D

jansuza
26-04-2006, 07:50
Like Battlecat! (tm)

Your force leader could be He-man! It would just be difficult to explain why the model wearing nothing but a speedo has a 3+ armour save...

He-man! dum de dum de dum dum dum dum di dum He-man!

PS I'm not really helpful am I?

Jon_Irenicus
26-04-2006, 14:10
He-man would be quite nasty in CC.
He would rock if he wasn´t over-muscled, blond, and had a moustache. Oh wait, that´s Chuck Norris! :)