PDA

View Full Version : AoBR disappearing with new edition

Deffgob
01-03-2012, 07:42
So, ork players, this just struck me , when the new edition of 40K is being released, AoBR kits are going away. What will happen with the fantastic plastic deffkoptas, and plastic warbosses. will we get them back somehow, being sold as individual plastic kits? also, my super cheap source of choppa boyz! gone! noooo! i refuse to go back to the old deffkoptas!

Oppressor
01-03-2012, 07:50
Um, buy more now?

Deffgob
01-03-2012, 07:54
already have a healthy stock, but im kind of a mad dok/mek, and i find i very useful to have a source of fresh plastics from the occational incident of blown up warboss or deffkopta. ofc i will buy now to be sure i got what i need, its more of a "why stop selling a far superior deffkopta" than the old model. the warboss i can probably do without, there are many other good models to choose from, althou i prefer to work with the plastic one.

Bookwrak
01-03-2012, 07:59
I would hope that the kits only available in the AoBR would be split off. For now, I guess it makes more sense to keep them in the boxed set if people want them badly enough to buy and split up whole sets.

The Marshel
01-03-2012, 09:54
might see the deff copters crop back up shortly after AOBR is no longer avalible. I'd imagine they're likely too see a simple little plastic kit when the next ork dex hits (just the components recut onto an individual sprue would do it really, add a few options and so forth)

I'll actually be happy to see the war boss vanish. Every Ork army, every where lead by the same damn warboss.

Spider-pope
01-03-2012, 16:52
I would be very surprised if ,after AoBR goes off sale, Orks didnt get a plastic Deffkopta and Warboss kit.

AlphariusOmegon20
01-03-2012, 17:03
I would be very surprised if ,after AoBR goes off sale, Orks didnt get a plastic Deffkopta and Warboss kit.

Within a year of AoBR going away, yeah I could see it.

GrogDaTyrant
01-03-2012, 17:36
AoBR being removed from the shelf wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Losing Deffkoptas isn't a big deal as you don't need many at all. Heck running a unit of 4 or 5 is a substantial detriment, due to their ****-terrible leadership and tendency to run at a moment's notice. The Warboss... meh. Never cared for his pose, nor the sculpt on him. In fact I generally don't like the sculpts for any of the Ork stuff in AoBR.

If anything I think the loss of AoBR will just help the newcomer Ork players, as they'll actually have boy kits that give them the option of what to field without the need to convert. Thus you'll probably see a lot less of the 'choppa-spam' armies that perform terribly and discourage newcomers.

Bloodknight
01-03-2012, 17:54
Losing Deffkoptas isn't a big deal as you don't need many at all

They're an awesome base model for quad buggies and such.

LonelyPath
01-03-2012, 18:24
I already have all the Deff Koptas I could want (enough for 2 full squadrons in Apocalypse) and some spare for conversions, plus extra Warbosses to chop up as I see fit. I would say it's best to stock up now before they do disappear. No doubt GW will release a plastic Kopta kit at some point, who knows when that will be :(

Danny_D14
01-03-2012, 19:59
No doubt GW will release a plastic Kopta kit at some point, who knows when that will be :(

Or how expensive......

Latro_
01-03-2012, 20:14
I for one am actually looking forward to the boyz going (hehe hear me out!). The stock boyz box actually got re-done and I hardly ever see armies with them in use these days :(.

Koptas will most defo be released as a new box set. The warboss'll be gone as there are already 2 warboss models, esp since GW is pushing notsofinecast

MajorWesJanson
01-03-2012, 22:32
A 3pack of multipart Deffcoptas with actual weapon options seems to make far too much sense once AoBR goes away. Would make part of a nice wave for Orks, if not waiting until their new book. Them, MegaNobz, Buggies/Wartraks, maybe even a Looted Wagon.

Beppo1234
01-03-2012, 22:46
probably, but the kit is pretty enough that they could save it, and just change out the books in the box.

selling different scenarios that play with different small forces might be a good business avenue. Different starters boxs, all rules up to date, but different models and scenarios.

althathir
01-03-2012, 23:33

Honestly with this being the 25th year of 40k, I could see the blisters even faster than that cause their natural fits for the ork range that would be popular splash releases.

Schismotive
01-03-2012, 23:35
I personally don't like the aobr set, the models look ****** in comparison and you can't even play a real game until you get more stuff. Deffkoptas are cool and all but they're the only model ork players actually need from the set...

plus, new players get shafted because of how bad the set is...

Darnok
02-03-2012, 09:53
A 3pack of multipart Deffcoptas with actual weapon options seems to make far too much sense once AoBR goes away. Would make part of a nice wave for Orks, if not waiting until their new book. Them, MegaNobz, Buggies/Wartraks, maybe even a Looted Wagon.

I expect them together with the Fighta coming this summer.

blurrymadness
02-03-2012, 10:00
To be fair, the boyz are fine if you chop off the arms. They're only recognisable by fellow ork players if you convert them with standard arms. The head can't be posed as well so it's harder to make unique poses; but if you buy a set of shoota arms or had made choppa boyz before the conversion from AoBR costs almost nil to do to shootas (a few bucks for the shootas), and in addition is a super super easy conversion. (Chop off the arm. Paste the shoota arms. Done.) I have 20-30 of these guys (hard to tell!) and it takes a few seconds on each boy (telling by the legs and if the torso is glued to them) to decide if they're vanilla or AoBR.

The Warboss has been ugly the whole time. The deffkoptas are ugly IMO. Meh.

Dorn's Arrow
02-03-2012, 10:30
Which madman is checking the poses of 150 Ork Boyz to see how individual they are?

Latro_
02-03-2012, 12:13
Which madman is checking the poses of 150 Ork Boyz to see how individual they are?

:shifty:

um

DarkDrgon
02-03-2012, 14:37
I'm excited to see Black Reach go, mostly because I blame the cheap choppa boyz as the reason I started an army I hate :P

I'm sure we'll see the 'Coptas somewhere though. In the 2 years I've been playing i've never seen one that didn't come from BR

Darnok
02-03-2012, 14:45
I'm sure we'll see the 'Coptas somewhere though. In the 2 years I've been playing i've never seen one that didn't come from BR

Because there is no reasonable source for them apart from the AoBR box. The only other model from GW is this increcibly overpriced piece of junk (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440267a&prodId=prod1060174), over ten years old and a nightmare to assemble.

burni
02-03-2012, 18:45

It would be great to see an Ork splash release but I'd hope for buggy/wartrack kit (as it's a hybrid atm), Deffkopta's for the reasons above and the big guns as it's an old metal kit that nobody even looks at these days. Plus things like Snikrot and Badrukk as finecast.

The fact that Darnok believes we may see something Orky this year gives me great hope though :)

Edit: Since this is general and I can wish list (a bit), it would be great if they did one of those WFB style mini plastics of a single meganob with weapon options and a bit of pose-ability and maybe a resin accessory pack to make the Nob kit into Flash Gitz (targeting squig etc).

dangermouse425
02-03-2012, 19:09
... maybe even a Looted Wagon.

Surely the whole point of looted wagons is the opportunity to steal someone else's model and orkify it? Looted Land Raiders are rather common, but I've seen an awesome looted Dread Knight and even a looted Carnifex!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk