PDA

View Full Version : Pondering about Wood Elf Lords

Jester
05-06-2005, 12:29
To make it short: has anyone seen or confirmed mounted Lord models for the treehuggers? Up until now, (as far as I know), we only had some unconfirmed and vague rumours of a lord on a stag floating around.

But nothing of lords on horses or eagles, which would be, well, the obvious choice. Anyway, if the stags exist (and recent rumours of the armylist do not indicate that they do), would the be considered as monsters with larger bases? Will the Wood Elves actually have any ridden monsters except the Forest Dragons?

So, to sum it up: what alternatives will we get for our lords to lead our troops into battle?

Queers, Jes

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
05-06-2005, 12:37
youll probably be ab le to moun them on a horse or something, just because they havent said anything about doesnt mean it wont happen

warsmith
05-06-2005, 13:48
IIRC, lord or hero with Wild Rider Kindreds can have stag....

Jen Kollic
05-06-2005, 14:16
IIRC, lord or hero with Wild Rider Kindreds can have stag....

Yeah, I heard that too. What I'm wondering is if stag riders are going to be similar to what GW did with the OK Rhinox cavalry, i.e. the stag itself will be a Forge World release, not Citadel.

Meh, *somebody* had better release stag riders!

Tancred II von Quenelles
05-06-2005, 16:41
No stagrider unit!!!!!!!!!111
Wildrider heroe\lord maust ride a steed or The WhiteStag. They and only they can do it.

Jen Kollic
05-06-2005, 16:53
No stagrider unit!!!!!!!!!111
Wildrider heroe\lord maust ride a steed or The WhiteStag. They and only they can do it.

Damn, a stagrider unit would have looked awesome. But I'll settle for a character model on a stag, I just hope they release one!

Galonthar
05-06-2005, 17:04
well.. the only lord steed I know of, is the dragon (the rumour of the two rider models for it remember.... :skull: )

Vanwatalath
06-06-2005, 01:40
Will there still be great eagles for character mounts and will they remain mostly the same?

warsmith
06-06-2005, 04:29
mage can ride great eagles

Vanwatalath
06-06-2005, 05:03
mage can ride great eagles

Coo. Im talking about highborns and nobles though, should have been more specific. Can they ride great eagles too?

Elbereth
06-06-2005, 10:49
Rumours thus far say the following;

Highborn; Steed, Stag, dragon
Noble; Steed, Stag

Archmage; Steed, Eagle and Unicorn
Mage; Steed, Eagle

But then again those are just rumours.

Jester
06-06-2005, 12:02
Okay, so much for the rules. But what about the models? Consider the army deal: even there, we only saw character models on foot, which is quite unusual, as far as I remember.

Ziom
06-06-2005, 16:57
Highborn, Noble and Archmage (called Spellweaver) can also ride Great Eagles.

Zeb
06-06-2005, 17:00
Nope, IIRC no other army deals have had mounted heroes... unless they are made by palstic parts from the core regiments.

Renka
06-06-2005, 19:58
Well, the Dark Elves got Maulus Darkblade, who is indeed mounted (you've got to love Spite). The same goes for the Bretonnians (although they didn't get a cold one), but other than that I don't think any reasent Army Deal have come with mounted characters.

samw
08-06-2005, 23:33
If wood elf mages come in the two-pack (one model on foot one riding) they'll just throw a blister in and you'll get a mounted figure, otherwise I doubt it.

malisteen
08-06-2005, 23:48
To answer the origional question- to this point there have been no pictures and no confirmed rumors of mounted wood elf character models. While wood elf characters will be able to ride a number of different steeds, it seems at the moment that players will have to convert such models themselves, if they are so inclined.

:edit: change. One mounted wood elf lord rumored thus far (in the rumor round up). It does not mention what he's riding, but I'm guessing a normal elven steed.

Jericho
09-06-2005, 05:00
The Mounted Lord has been spotted on a few release schedule listings, and I'm pretty sure he'd be out early in the schedule so people can get armies up and running as quickly as possible once the Battalion's out. And in blister form you can bet he's riding an Elven steed.

Personally I doubt they'll do a stag model, I haven't heard or seen anything anywhere about it and IIRC there haven't been any posted on those release schedule some Independent stores leak out.

Jester
09-06-2005, 07:30
Thanks Jericho! Just what I thought.

As for the stag: the argument that Forgeworld might release one sounds reasonable to me. All in all, it is not exactly simple to convert a stag from any GW models previously released.

Cheers, Ben

Crube
09-06-2005, 07:52
Thanks Jericho! Just what I thought.

As for the stag: the argument that Forgeworld might release one sounds reasonable to me. All in all, it is not exactly simple to convert a stag from any GW models previously released.

Cheers, Ben

I agree that a FW stag sounds more likely at the moment

(you could get together with a group of mates and convert a stag from a steed or old unicorn if want - kind of a stag party :D ... erm, sorry, I'll go to work now... :rolleyes:

Galonthar
09-06-2005, 08:18
have there actually been any great eagle riding (forest lord) models,.. with the current ed.??

Zeb
09-06-2005, 09:37
I would think taht a stag will be relesed, GW has relesed all other heroes steeds in one way or another, not through Forge World... and I beleve that that isn't about to change. Forge World usually do stuff that's not covered in the armylists, Rinox cav etc. But GW should relese all options for steeds (as they usually do) I remeber in fifth ed. when it wasn't like that, and the complaints that went with it...
My guess is that there will be a stag relesed... Anything else wouldn't make any sense.

And let me tell you, GW takes Wood Elfs pritty serious. They will cover all bases so they don't run into the same problem as with both other Elfen armies...

risK
09-06-2005, 11:28
Probably FW will release a even bigger Treeman and/or Stag...
That's what they do nowadays, releasing bigger and nicer versions of things you can already buy from GW. Dragons, Demons, Chaos Spawn, Giant... and some uncovered stuff too.

So my bet really goes on Treeman / White Stag (maybe even some treehouses, gangways, plattforms?)

Thundergod
09-06-2005, 22:05
yes entire treehouse forest camp coming from Forgeworld- all yours for $1800
But really, how hard is it to mount heros on eagles and such? The old dragonrider/warhawk rider/gladerider legs should work well untill such time that GW sees fit to release said figs.
I am sad to see my old "hail o doom/great eagle" assasin hero become useless, that really was one of my favorite looking conversions in my old army.
Cheers,
TG

Jericho
10-06-2005, 04:24
Or you could just use regular legs because they've taken the surfer look for Warhawks apparently :D Should be interesting to see those in person, I hate judging models from crappy scans of the army box cover and whatnot.

Vanwatalath
10-06-2005, 15:03
yes entire treehouse forest camp coming from Forgeworld- all yours for $1800
But really, how hard is it to mount heros on eagles and such? The old dragonrider/warhawk rider/gladerider legs should work well untill such time that GW sees fit to release said figs.
I am sad to see my old "hail o doom/great eagle" assasin hero become useless, that really was one of my favorite looking conversions in my old army.
Cheers,
TG

Sounds cool man...do you have a pic that maybe you could send me? thanks

Thundergod
10-06-2005, 15:30
I'll try to remember to post one- if all goes well, FEDEX is delivering my new digicam today!

Back on topic- it sounds pretty solid that the stag will be there as a mount choice for the heros- I have had good luck in the past at "educational" toy stores- there are a couple of solid lines of "zoo animals" out there that can be purchased individually- if there is a stag in that selection, it could be just the thing for a mount.
Anybody know if lords have the dragon as an option, or is it just the special char?
TG

Vanwatalath
10-06-2005, 16:09
I'll try to remember to post one- if all goes well, FEDEX is delivering my new digicam today!

Back on topic- it sounds pretty solid that the stag will be there as a mount choice for the heros- I have had good luck in the past at "educational" toy stores- there are a couple of solid lines of "zoo animals" out there that can be purchased individually- if there is a stag in that selection, it could be just the thing for a mount.
Anybody know if lords have the dragon as an option, or is it just the special char?
TG

Thanks a mil, mate. Yep WE will be getting a dragon for the lord-level character. Its been posted and every army has to have a big bad monster.Cheers

Inquis. Jaeger
12-06-2005, 02:08
Thanks a mil, mate. Yep WE will be getting a dragon for the lord-level character. Its been posted and every army has to have a big bad monster.Cheers

It's been absolutely confirmed the WE will get a mounted lord, although whether this is a stag or just a horse is unclear at present. Likewise, a Forest Dragon has been confirmed, but not ridden by a Lord-level character, but rather something called the 'Sisters of Silence'.

Mounted Lord is out on 24 Sept, and the Dragon on the 1st Oct

ghost21
12-06-2005, 17:00
im not sure if this belongs here but THERE IS going to be a wood elf mounted hero realeased not sure if its the stag one tho

Jen Kollic
12-06-2005, 19:36
Hmmm, looking at the price of the mounted lord, I'd think that it's NOT going to be mounted on an ordinary horse. The mini's going to be 12, same as the Bretonnian Fay Enchantress, so I'm guessing it'll either be a stag or a unicorn. Or possibly just a fancy metal horsie, but I've still got my fingers crossed for the stag!

Tancred II von Quenelles
13-06-2005, 12:01
And where did you all find WE prices? Could you send me a link?

Zeb
15-06-2005, 20:49
And that was already posted in another thread, sorry...! ;)

warsmith
16-06-2005, 02:53
just go to gamesworkshop website will have what u want Tancred II von Quenelles