PDA

View Full Version : Land Raider Prometheus vs Crusader

boogle
01-03-2012, 10:43
i'm currently homebrewing my Deathwatch and am looking for a Land Raider to share the limelight with a Caestus as the centrepieces of my army.

As the Deatwatch Heavy Bolters in my army all come with Hellfire rounds, i was looking as to whether a Prometheus would be a better fit than a Crusader as we'd be looking at 12x S5 Ap4 Wounds on 2+ vs everything twin Linked, vs 4x S6 Ap4 Rending, 12x S4 Ap5 Twinlinked (maybe with Special ammo)

What do you guys think?

(please note, the army isn't for competative play at all, It's a fun and my gaming partners have not problems with the rules at present, so there's no 'but you can't do that')

vlad78
01-03-2012, 11:25
i'm currently homebrewing my Deathwatch and am looking for a Land Raider to share the limelight with a Caestus as the centrepieces of my army.

As the Deatwatch Heavy Bolters in my army all come with Hellfire rounds, i was looking as to whether a Prometheus would be a better fit than a Crusader as we'd be looking at 12x S5 Ap4 Wounds on 2+ vs everything twin Linked, vs 4x S6 Ap4 Rending, 12x S4 Ap5 Twinlinked (maybe with Special ammo)

What do you guys think?

(please note, the army isn't for competative play at all, It's a fun and my gaming partners have not problems with the rules at present, so there's no 'but you can't do that')

If you want something cool, Prometheus all the way. Nothing like a command vehicles for a uber elite squad, and it's very efficient against most non MEQ xenos armies +the bonus against light troops dug in cover and the little help to make troops in reserve come earlier.

If you want something killy and brutal, the crusader is your weapon of choice. Efficient against everything, incredible fire output, resilient, design to charge into the heart of the enemy, what else?

My 2 cents.

vlad