PDA

View Full Version : Tau Crisis Suits as Troops

Royals
01-03-2012, 15:59
Is there anything, Forgeworld or otherwise, that allows you to take Crisis Suits/Stealth Suits as troops? I would live to have a force that consists of nothing but things like Crisis Suits, Stealth Suits, and Broadsides.

stroller
01-03-2012, 16:18
If there is, there shouldn't be.... there's a thing called balance.... you MIGHT get something in apocalypse...

Konovalev
01-03-2012, 16:23
you could always take 2 HQ's with bodyguards, or farsight, then fill your mandatory 2 troop slots with tricked out devilfish and their 60pt scoring upgrade.

Charistoph
01-03-2012, 16:40
you could always take 2 HQ's with bodyguards, or farsight, then fill your mandatory 2 troop slots with tricked out devilfish and their 60pt scoring upgrade.

:shifty: I see what you did there.

But until a new codex (or Imperial Armour) comes out with such a thing, only opponent's express permission can grant such a thing (and good luck with that in most tournaments).

Phaeron Setek
01-03-2012, 16:50
The only way to get bulk Crisis Suits at current is to play as the attacker in Planetstrike missions. There is no troops requirement, and you can take 6 elites slots worth of suits, plus 3 HQ's with bodyguards.

Bunnahabhain
01-03-2012, 16:51
Is there anything, Forgeworld or otherwise, that allows you to take Crisis Suits/Stealth Suits as troops? I would live to have a force that consists of nothing but things like Crisis Suits, Stealth Suits, and Broadsides.

Drago/GM = crisis suit commander
Marines ( paladins, terminators, etc) = Suits
Storm ravens = Devilfish
Psyriflemen =Broadsides
Psychic powers =Super advanced tech
Chance of making friends with it = small
Edit: Dreadknight = Large suits- FW must have some....

Bonzai
01-03-2012, 21:38
Crisis Suites as troops may be a bit much... but a shadowsun model stealth suit that allows Stealth Suites as troops.... That would be more balanced, and give you a reason to actualy field them.

ForgottenLore
01-03-2012, 21:55
Not yet. I would be very surprised however if the next codex doesn't allow an all suit army of some sort.

Until then, I have heard some people suggest using the old metal stealth suits as stand ins for fire warriors to at least give the appearance of an all suit army. Bit pricey to do it that way though.

Kevlar
01-03-2012, 21:59
Crisis suits as troops? What do you think you are Grey Knights? Next thing you know you will want scoring dreadnaughts with +1 strength ammo and psychic immunity too!

Grimtuff
01-03-2012, 23:56
Edit: Dreadknight = Large suits- FW must have some....

Like this?

Relax. I use it as a Hammerhead. :p

Reivax26
02-03-2012, 00:12
According to all the rumors going around about the next codex there is going to be a Commander who makes them Troops and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Farsight.

lantzkev
02-03-2012, 03:59
According to all the rumors going around about the next codex there is going to be a Commander who makes them Troops and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Farsight.

Would not mind if he died in a remote frozen planet somewhere personally.

Battleworthy Arts
02-03-2012, 04:26
Play apocalypse, and take "Hold at all costs" as your strategic asset.

lantzkev
02-03-2012, 05:39
Play apocalypse, and take "Hold at all costs" as your strategic asset.

When you play apoc your force org char is out the window anyhow... might as well play 100 1 man broadside squads =p

Battleworthy Arts
02-03-2012, 06:40
When you play apoc your force org char is out the window anyhow... might as well play 100 1 man broadside squads =p

Hold at All Costs lets them score though. ;)

lantzkev
02-03-2012, 06:42
pfff who cares about scoring in apoc =P

Royals
02-03-2012, 13:22
Not yet. I would be very surprised however if the next codex doesn't allow an all suit army of some sort.

Until then, I have heard some people suggest using the old metal stealth suits as stand ins for fire warriors to at least give the appearance of an all suit army. Bit pricey to do it that way though.

Stealth Suits as Fire Warrios sounds pretty cool actually. I think what I'll have to do is bite the bullet and hold out until the new Codex is released in five years and finish painting my Deathwing force, which at the rate I paint may be five years.

Kambien
02-03-2012, 14:20

No there is no way currently to get suits in as troops .
But to elaborate a bit the forgeworld suits ( Xv9 specificly ) are fast attack slots.

Konovalev
02-03-2012, 16:25
:shifty: I see what you did there.

But until a new codex (or Imperial Armour) comes out with such a thing, only opponent's express permission can grant such a thing (and good luck with that in most tournaments).

Note since you seem to have misunderstood: The 60pt scoring upgrade for devilfish is in fact a minimum number squad of firewarriors who never leave the devilfish unless shot out of it. With your FOC required troops taken care of you can pack 15 crisis suits into the rest of your army + broadsides.

Royals
02-03-2012, 16:36
Note since you seem to have misunderstood: The 60pt scoring upgrade for devilfish is in fact a minimum number squad of firewarriors who never leave the devilfish unless shot out of it. With your FOC required troops taken care of you can pack 15 crisis suits into the rest of your army + broadsides.

Now if you could just get rid of those hideous hybrid plastic/metal Broadsides.

Bunnahabhain
02-03-2012, 16:47
Now if you could just get rid of those hideous hybrid plastic/metal Broadsides.

Ta Da! That was hard..... (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES?filter_reset=1)

EDIT: Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? Is it an enormous armed suit with jetpacks? No, it's a set of flying goalposts, heading North-west at 500 knots! ;)

Royals
02-03-2012, 17:05
Ta Da! That was hard..... (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES?filter_reset=1)

Sans Forgeworld ;)

ForgottenLore
02-03-2012, 18:24
hold out until the new Codex is released in five years

???? You know, a new Tau codex is almost certainly going to be released next year. Now is the perfect time to start a Tau army.

Charistoph
02-03-2012, 18:48
Note since you seem to have misunderstood: The 60pt scoring upgrade for devilfish is in fact a minimum number squad of firewarriors who never leave the devilfish unless shot out of it.

Sorry, the second paragraph was directed to the OP, not to you. As I said, "I see what you did there".

Jericho
02-03-2012, 19:01
Sans Forgeworld ;)

Why wouldn't you want the Forgeworld suits? They're so much nicer :p

Nothing wrong with FW suits... they aren't terribly expensive and they are really awesome to work with. The XV81 with SMS/twin missile pods (Deathrain) for regular army lists is my personal favorite. Never painted enough to do an army... and I'm pretty sure a friend of mine accidentally ended up with my box of Tau stuff (including leftover Forgeworld suits) after a flea market thing at our gaming club... so sadly I won't be painting any more any time soon.