PDA

View Full Version : is GW lowering their prices?

mindrazor
02-03-2012, 14:36
so, i was wondering, is gw lowering their prices, here are some reasons i thought so:

1. a friend of mine (who plays ogres) said to me that the some of the ogre heroes got cheaper.
2. the finecast hellcannon will be allitle bit cheaper than the old mettall modell.
3. the liquid greenstuff was cheaper than a normal paint.

so, what do you think?

(sorry for my bad english, its my 3 language)

lbecks
02-03-2012, 14:47
In the US Liquid GS is the same price as paint and Ogre Heroes still seem to be the same (FC raised) price. The US rumored price of the Hellcannon is the same as the metal counterpart.

Oogie boogie boss
02-03-2012, 14:50
GW lowering prices is about as likely as Kate Winslet sharing space on a raft when her feet are cold.

The Low King
02-03-2012, 15:04
way to look on the positive side guys...

Scalebug
02-03-2012, 15:09
way to look on the positive side guys...

Were you honestly expecting something different? :p

IcedCrow
02-03-2012, 15:18
No. I don't see them lowering their prices. The prices listed above are not lower, at least here.

Confessor_Atol
02-03-2012, 15:21
There were some recent price reductions, like treekin. They dropped by 20% when they went to fincast.....

The black knights too. They used to be single (ugly) metal models with an outdated horse. Now they're a rockin' plastic kit.

The Low King
02-03-2012, 15:44
Were you honestly expecting something different? :p

I would hope more for 'hmm, that would be nice but i dont think they have' rather than the 'Like thats going to happen, army the size of an empire and i still have to pay these crazy prices'

quietus1986
02-03-2012, 15:46
Ogre Kingdoms Sabertusks got a price drop from metal to fine cast us to be around 20€ for to know its 13€ for 2 .

The bearded one
02-03-2012, 16:34
There were a couple of pricedrops related to finecast, usually on models of monstrous infantry size and beyond, such as ushabti, the hellcannon, sabretusks and treekin.

Tarliyn
02-03-2012, 17:34
I do not see an ogre character price drop :(. You got me excited for a sec.

I would imagine gw are trying to find their sweet spot of price vs cost vs profitability.

Despite what some think I am betting GW is not stupid they are trying to max out the price they can charge and still get an optimum level of sales, which means they could do a prive reduction if they overstep that.

What they dont think about is how the game is social and price hukes could/do reduce your player base which reduces your word of mouth recruitment.

This thread will probably be closed by wintermute any minute now though, lol. So glad I got my 2 cents in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erazmus_M_Wattle
02-03-2012, 19:37
I'm an eternal optimist. However I looked out my window and there were no winged porcine creatures.

It'd be nice if they just put the price rises on hold. It'd be more likely. I cannot see them dropping more than the occasional price.

The bearded one
02-03-2012, 19:39
I can't see them drop prices as an actual "price drop", but I have seen quite a lot of prices on mini's being lower after being transformed into finecast, sometimes in the vicinity of 25% cheaper.

Kayosiv
02-03-2012, 20:48
... ehem;

I WISH!

t-tauri
03-03-2012, 23:04
Thread closed. Pricing discussion goes here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?209297-Games-Workshop-Pricing-Feedback-Thread).