PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Ogre Kingdoms Army

Thunderbelly
02-03-2012, 16:29
Hello there, I'm relatively new to Warhammer, but I enjoy Ogres and I've gathered a decent-sized army of them. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be going to be playing a match, and I've made an army list preemptively. I'd be very appreciative of feedback and any comments/criticisms you have of it. Thanks in advance! :D

Lords and Heroes

Slaughtermaster – Mortod Deathchewer
Base: 250
Level 4 Wizard (Lore of Death): +35
Talisman of Preservation: +45
Total: 330

Bruiser – Zarghalt Pitfighter
Base: 105
Battle Standard Bearer: 25
Dragonhide Banner: 50
Total: 180

Butcher – Nazolg Grumblegut
Base: 100
Level 2 Wizard (Lore of the Maw): +35
Hell Heart: 50
Total: 185

Firebelly - Kragg Embermaw
Total: 120

Core Units

Unit of 16 Ironguts
Base: 688
Gutlord: 10
Total: 698

Unit of 8 Ogres
Base: 240
Crusher: 10
Standard Bearer: 10
Ironfists: 16
Total: 276

Unit of 8 Ogres
Base: 240
Crusher: 10
Standard Bearer: 10
Ironfists: 16
Total: 276

Unit of 10 Gnoblars
Total: 25

Unit of 10 Gnoblars
Total: 25

Special Units

Unit of 4 Leadbelchers
Base: 172
Thunderfist: 10
Bellower: 10
Total: 192

Unit of 4 Leadbelchers
Base: 172
Thunderfist: 10
Bellower: 10
Total: 192

Total Points: 2499

bobthefat
02-03-2012, 16:37
Not bad at all, though the ACC weapon you have given your slaughter master is a bit pointless since he can’t use it with a magic weapon, might be worth giving him a great weapon at 10 points since he’s already low I and give him armour of destiny since a general with no save is risky. + I would group the ogre units together but that’s just personal preference. Also, on your bsb have you considered the dragon hide banner or the hellheart on your second wizard? Maneater’s are really good now as well since you can give them flaming, poisoned sniper hand guns and a unit of 6 can go though a few characters (wizards mainly).

Thunderbelly
02-03-2012, 19:03
Thank you for your comments bobthefat, and lemme answer some of your comments.

Unfortunately, SM's don't get the option for a GW, and can't take the Armor of Destiny, since he's a wizard with no armor. However, I did give him the Talisman of Preservation.

Dragonhide banner and Hellheart both work well, thanks for reminding me about them! :D

I personally don't have maneaters, but I would like to get some.

The Ironguts (Which have my SM and BSB Bruiser with them) are the main focus, with the Bulls, Gnoblars and Leadbelchers as support.

Unfortunately, I had to take out the Ironblaster, due to me not having his model yet, but I did get to add a naked Firebelly.

bobthefat
02-03-2012, 20:44
It's in the errata for great weapon and since he can take armour (a shield) he can take the armour of destiny. Also, the fire belly is a gd idea as well, shame about the Iron blaster they are really worth it.

ashe
02-03-2012, 22:02
you should try to free some points for 2-3 cats you will need some warmachine hunters/ redirectors, and the high speed and low cost makes sabertusks the best man(cats) for the job. In general i like your list a lot, the list might be lacking some of the big toys, but i have no doubts it will be a fun list to play with and against.
Good luck with your game :)

Thunderbelly
03-03-2012, 00:31
Ah, I have not seen the Errata, thank you for enlightening me on this bobthefat! :D

I 100% agree ashe, however I need to actually buy some Sabretusks. That being said, in the next month or so I'll be purchasing Fenrisian Wolves and cavalry bases and proxying said wolves as sabretusks.

miciobello
08-03-2012, 04:16
I play Ogre as well and use Skrag the slaughter master as general, I am pretty sure that your SM should use the lore of the great maw . . .also I use up to 2 gorger in conjunction with SM Skrag as they get some bonus after Skrag get to kill someone, also they got ambush and are very usefull against warmachine.