PDA

View Full Version : Are GW's Interactive army list programs dead?

BDJV
26-04-2006, 06:26
Are these programs going to get updated? They are getting pretty useless at this point no updates since the new SM Dex.

I'm just glad I got them as a gift and did not fork out the cash myself.

starlight
26-04-2006, 07:11
IAL?

The GW *armybuilder*? or something else?

If so, I wouldn't even get them when I worked there.:eyebrows:

If - *other* - have no idea.:D

onnotangu
26-04-2006, 07:21
i doubt they will be updated since Army builder 3.0 out performs them in almost every way.

BDJV
26-04-2006, 07:51
IAL?

The GW *armybuilder*? or something else?

If so, I wouldn't even get them when I worked there.:eyebrows:

If - *other* - have no idea.:D

Yup the GW army builder. Like I said it was a gift, I was just hoping to get some more use out of it.

I refuse to pay the extortion that come with owning AB3.

So Pen and paper will have to do.

Steel_Legion
26-04-2006, 08:05
i find pen and paper to be best, though you cant do calculations instantly, it doesnt have any glitches doing in it your head, usually

Brimstone
26-04-2006, 08:29
Are these programs going to get updated? They are getting pretty useless at this point no updates since the new SM Dex.

They are pretty much dead, I've been sending them a regular Email asking about updates with no reply to date.

It's a shame as for 40K army lists I prefer IAL it's just a shame GW cocked it up so badly.

I would buy AB3 but without a credit card it's not possible.

I'm using excel now.

starlight
26-04-2006, 08:52
Excel Spreadsheets are great, been using them for years.:D

A half hour to set each one up and go.:D

AB3 isn't any more expensive (from what I've read) it just has an annual fee after the first year *if* you want automated updates. Seems fair to me, especially since you can still manually update the files for free.

Jester Boy
26-04-2006, 09:12
AB3 is way too expensive, it's about $60 australian and I'll be fragged if I'm going to pay that much for a game :rolleyes: .

As I'm a lazy sod does anyone know of any good premade excel sheets and/or a site to get them from?

Brimstone
26-04-2006, 09:14
AB3 isn't any more expensive (from what I've read) it just has an annual fee after the first year *if* you want automated updates. Seems fair to me, especially since you can still manually update the files for free.

I agree totally, I'd buy it if I could.

starlight
26-04-2006, 09:15
When's your birthday?

<checks>

Oh, coming up I see.:D

Brimstone
26-04-2006, 09:21
When's your birthday?

Not soon enough :(

I rarely call GW on poor choices but IAL2 has been a poorly planned, badly supported product.
At least the first version had public access so gamers could take up GW's slack but the current version is locked.

starlight
26-04-2006, 09:26
Not that it surprises me.:rolleyes: GW pull off something like that? Erm, no.:(

<plots a scheming plot:evilgrin:>

Enazel
26-04-2006, 09:29
Brimstone try http://www.leisuregames.com/ they sell the CD version, in the uk,.

starlight
26-04-2006, 09:48
Or you could do that.:p

<plot unravels>:(

darknar
26-04-2006, 10:31
what i dont get is that GW stopped supporting the first amy builder they made on a yellow CD. that was the best program they made and you could easly update it to work with the new codexis. im still trying to find the old files for that so i cn make my own codexis using the old army builder. and why didnt they make it a offer like

if you had the old army builder you get the new one for free . this sucks. the fact that they just took the old army building files of without e-mailing anyone. ether makes it worse