PDA

View Full Version : My New Arjac Rockfist ... fail! [CLOSED]

Curaitis
03-03-2012, 20:43
Hi guys,

How disappointing! Look at my new Arjac Rockfist. He is totally warped. Please compare the proportions and the details with the original. The cast is much too narrow.
I am very upset about the poor quality of finecast. I paid 21,00 EURO for this crap. This will be my first and my last purchase of a GW Finecast miniature.

Did anyone have more luck with Arjac?

Oh oh, sorry wrong forum ... please, can somebody move this thread in the wh 40K forum. Thanks!

theunwantedbeing
03-03-2012, 20:49
Erm, what warping?

Surgency
03-03-2012, 20:54
Erm, what warping?

He looks just fine to me

hashrat
03-03-2012, 20:54
My Issabelle was worse.
And I checked 8 blisters before I bought it lol.
Got a nice replacement, but finecast is very very poor.

If that looks "fine" to anyone, don't expect GW to ever bother improving it. Some people will settle for junk it would seem.

Curaitis
03-03-2012, 20:59
Please look at the head or the details from the legs of the terminator armor or the wolf head icon on the chest. Its all too narrow.

Marauder_chieftan
03-03-2012, 21:17
Don't try and pander to GWS, it took me about 3 seconds to see the warping. That line of detail on his leg is about half the size of the one shown on the box/blister, everything with a red arrow at it is smaller or faded than it should be.

ihavetoomuchminis
03-03-2012, 21:54
Don't try and pander to GWS, it took me about 3 seconds to see the warping. That line of detail on his leg is about half the size of the one shown on the box/blister, everything with a red arrow at it is smaller or faded than it should be.

If people thinks that this model is perfect.....then we have no hopes to see GW improving their quality. Sad day for hobbysts.

dimetri1
03-03-2012, 22:21
Finecast is just terrible. I quit buying it.

sulla
03-03-2012, 23:38
Hi guys,

How disappointing! Look at my new Arjac Rockfist. He is totally warped. Please compare the proportions and the details with the original. The cast is much too narrow.
I am very upset about the poor quality of finecast. I paid 21,00 EURO for this crap. This will be my first and my last purchase of a GW Finecast miniature.

Did anyone have more luck with Arjac?

Not only that, but your one doesn't have any arms. What a total rip-off...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, why didn't you at least try to photo yours from the same perspective as the photo. Much better for judging the proportions.

Is there some reason you can't exchange it if it's as bad as you say?

Hicks
04-03-2012, 00:22
I wanted to get Arjak and he would be my first finecast mini. I think I'm going to wait a while to see if they are all like that, the mini is seriously messed up!

Curaitis
04-03-2012, 00:52
Maybe you can see it now. Compare the heads or the chest and the size/bulk. This cast is too thin and large for a terminator.
134362y

I ordered via mail-order, we will see on monday if there will be an exchange.

Hicks
04-03-2012, 01:00
Maybe you can see it now. Compare the heads or the chest and the size/bulk. This cast is too thin and large for a terminator.
134362y

I ordered via mail-order, we will see on monday if there will be an exchange.

Well in the fluff he is supposed to be huge, so that might explain why he seems so tall next to a termie. Doesn't explain the overall bad cast though.

Tarliyn
04-03-2012, 01:12
Not only that, but your one doesn't have any arms. What a total rip-off...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, why didn't you at least try to photo yours from the same perspective as the photo. Much better for judging the proportions.

Is there some reason you can't exchange it if it's as bad as you say?

Yeah to be honest you can't really tell that much from the photo you used. It doesn't look horrible to me, no worse then some of the metal models I used to get. But if you don't like it, call it in. They may make you send the bad one back but you at least will get a good one in return. I don't see what you think complaining here about it will accomplish, we all know finecast has its issues; more posts over it really don't add anything to the conversation. Sorry if that all seems harsh just gets old seeing all the finecast whine threads.

EvilMonkee
04-03-2012, 01:15
Looks fine to me just a poor model made to look half decent by the original Heavy Metal paintjob

quietus1986
04-03-2012, 01:39
miss cast. you will probably get a replacement. if you ordered from GW self. Some one I know got one moddel 5 time's trou mail order before he got a good cast. It was one of the first finecasts. But when he got the a good one the detail wear better than his old metal one.
To be onist I only have one finecast model and its better then the metal one ( have friends with the metal one.)
also the finecast bloodknights have better detail than the metal one's.

MajorWesJanson
04-03-2012, 03:19
Miscast. The Arjacs at my FLGS look like the picture, so this one is off.

Wrong forum, BTW

Hawthorne
04-03-2012, 05:06
I'll agree it's not perfect but I just wanted to point out, if you have to use arrows and such to point out the problems then they aren't major enough. I'd be satisfied with that model but I can understand why someone wouldn't be in this case.

In regard to him being taller he's supposed to be big so being taller than a "standard" terminator seems appropriate to me.

zoggin-eck
04-03-2012, 07:25
Only fail I see is that this is in the Fantasy general section. I don't care about finecast, but this isn't the place to complain.

Battleworthy Arts
04-03-2012, 07:40
My Arjac was actually my first totally perfect finecast purchase.

MajorWesJanson
04-03-2012, 07:49
I'll agree it's not perfect but I just wanted to point out, if you have to use arrows and such to point out the problems then they aren't major enough. I'd be satisfied with that model but I can understand why someone wouldn't be in this case.

In regard to him being taller he's supposed to be big so being taller than a "standard" terminator seems appropriate to me.

The problem isn't him being taller, it is that the entire model is squished horizontally, by what looks like 10-15% It is too narrow.

yabbadabba
04-03-2012, 08:03
You have a miscast. Get a replacement as per you rights, or if you don't like the model generally get something different. No need for the nerd rage.

Curaitis
04-03-2012, 08:38
Thanks for the confirmation of the miscast. It is funny how many users did not see any flaw.

@yabbadabba
No nerd rage here, but for this price there should be a minimum quality control. I own way above houndred GW metal minis and there was never such kind of problem. Its frustrating because this one is beyond any repair.

philbrad2
04-03-2012, 09:01
Not 40K Closing.

P.S - My Arjac is fine

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)