PDA

View Full Version : Ashrak the Spiderkin, best ways to use, how do I base him for WotR?

checkmorale
04-03-2012, 02:03
Hey guys, I just picked up my Ashrak the Spiderkin and I'm planning on using him with five Giant Spiders for the SBG.

But for WotR, how do I base him? Just use three cavalry trays, and place him inside one of the 40mm holes, fill up the excess with putty/clay and call it good?

Also looking for any tactics or strategy with him / best way to use?

~Check

Peregrin
05-03-2012, 04:22
If you want to use him in a formation of spiders, technically I think you'd need a mounted version, which means a 40mm base as well.

What ate you using for his Wotr profile?

ForgottenLore
05-03-2012, 04:47
Strictly speaking you don't need the model on a 40mm base since the bases are essentially irrelevant in WotR, it would look cooler though to convert a fig to be riding a giant spider, or possibly put him in the middle of a brooding swarm, a tide of little spiders that comes up to his waste and fits on a 40mm.

Peregrin
05-03-2012, 11:08
I guess I was thinking of where the book referes to needing a cavalry model if placing an Epic Hero with cavalry units. If it's not an official GW thing, then you could consider that section as 'instructions' rather than 'rules' though.

I like the idea of him with the broodlings. He's already got them crawling around.

checkmorale
05-03-2012, 22:15
What ate you using for his Wotr profile?

He doesn't have rules in WotR?!

~Check

ForgottenLore
05-03-2012, 22:29
He doesn't have rules in WotR?!

Yet... I'm sure he will eventually.

checkmorale
06-03-2012, 02:21
Yet... I'm sure he will eventually.

Motherf_cker I paid like twelve bucks for him b/c/ he's in Finecast, he damn well better have rules.

~Check

Col. Tartleton
06-03-2012, 09:04
Spider-Orc, Spider-Orc,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spider-Orc.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spider-Orc.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spider-Orc, Spider-Orc
Friendly neighborhood Spider-Orc
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
Action is his reward
Look Out!

checkmorale
06-03-2012, 17:51
Spider-Orc, Spider-Orc,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!

Oh brother. :angel: And he's a goblin, not an orc.

~Check

Peregrin
06-03-2012, 18:31
Spider-Goblin just doesn't flow as nicely. ;)

The Marshel
08-03-2012, 02:10
plus tolkin never did call the moria goblins goblins, they were all just orcs to him!

Count ashrak as that beast caller bloke or a standard shaman for now, and wait for his wotr rules.

checkmorale
08-03-2012, 05:23
plus tolkin never did call the moria goblins goblins, they were all just orcs to him!

Count ashrak as that beast caller bloke or a standard shaman for now, and wait for his wotr rules.

That's not a bad idea, I'll keep that in mind for now

~Check

Spiney Norman
13-03-2012, 12:22

Thats because in Tolkein's writings the words "orc" and "goblin" are the same word. "Orc" is the (Sindarin) elvish word and "Goblin" is its translation into the common speech.