PDA

View Full Version : True LOS, bases and tweeks

Tayrod
04-03-2012, 10:22
Right then. In my last game against skaven, my Sorcerer used fireball to great effect to blast off weapon teams lurking behind their parent unit. Due to the true LOS rules, I could just about make out a portion of the weapon teams, nomatter how my opponent tried to hide them. Clanrats are just too small to hide anything behind. This got my opponent thinking he should make smaller weapon teams (since the mortar-rats can fire indirectly) so he is planning to (i) "entrench" the weapon teams on a base (to basicly make them lower by creating a "half-way down in the mud" look, or (ii) make his clanrats taller, by including a unit filler / wall / etc in his clanrat unit.

No problem I retorted, I'll just mount my sorcerer on a higher scenery base of some sort, like the High Elf mage in the starter set - so off goes the arms race.
Has anyone else ever thought about doing something similair? What do you think about it?

Echunia
04-03-2012, 10:24
It's basically the reason I don't like TLoS. Modelling should not dictate gameplay, tbh.

Gazak Blacktoof
04-03-2012, 10:28
Has anyone else ever thought about doing something similair? What do you think about it?

Its a bad idea and was one of the key complaints levelled at TLOS when the new BRB was released. But I've not see anybody attempt to take advantage of it.

Perhaps you should both resist the temptation to take the game to extremes and resist the urge to snipe a unit just because you can see an ear or half a foot.

If it persists as an issue than perhaps you should consider playing with the LOS rules used by giant fanatic tournament and ETC. I'm sure you can find them easily enough.